Slot limit announced....

We have cancelled two planned trips to Renfrew in July after this announcement.
Can't help but wonder how many others have done the same.
Aug. trips are still planned assuming no further restrictions.
Will be at the big (hopefully) protest planned for Victoria on Monday
"Angler Protest Where? – Ogden Point Breakwater When? – July 15th, 2019 at 9:00 AM On July 15th the BC Coast opens for the retention of Chinook Salmon. Meanwhile the straight of Juan de Fuca remains closed. It has been asked of Minister Wilkinson and DFO “Why we can’t retain a hatchery marked Chinook?”, with NO REPLY. It’s time we let the government know how important this public fishery is to all of us. Please show up in your boat, kayak, canoe or whatever floatation device you have. Attendance is critical and without your support we fail! The message is dead simple “Why can’t we retain a hatchery marked chinook”?

Make a sign! Media will be there!"

Everyone has been waiting for months to finally be able to keep Chinook offshore and then this. Does anyone know how many pounds a 80cm chinook would be? Not only are they limiting the size but also we are only allowed 10/ year. Not worth having a boat anymore!!

How many of these slot limit size fish are 2 years old? WTF do they think this will do to fish counts next year? Am I out to lunch here ???

I read and reread the fisheries notice and no where does it say that this is for areas 23,24,25 just the 123,124,125,126. Or at I wrong?

Back