So what are your plans for the 15th?

I have sent an email to DFO asking for clarifications about the July 15th opening, Hope I hear back

Hmm well they better keep the nets out of the river.... last I checked a gillnet catches more then a line and a single hook..... we should get some bumper stickers made ‘ If Wilkinson can lie why can’t I ? ' time to fish enough with bs

My family and I cruised out to the Rats nose (Big Bank) today in search of Halibut. We were trolling the larger 6 inch Brown Turds 60 inches behind a UV Black flasher and had to move as we couldn’t get out of the Springers. After 45 minutes we released at least a dozen Springs, all in the 20 pound plus category. We hate sitting on the hook and using spreader bars with heavy weights and or heavy jigs so we figured trolling the 220 Foot depths with such large bait would keep the salmon away, boy were we wrong. We did catch our 4 Halibut a little further west in deeper water.

I know we are not supposed to talk about Lingers however we made a stop at one of our favorite deep water panicles on the way back to port where we released a huge Ling at least 50 inches long. It was hanging onto a rockfish that was unfortunate enough to bite our jig.

It was a nice trip, we will be sitting on Rats Nose Monday morning before sunrise.

48 35 560

125 39 315

Not meaning to scare everyone, but DFO is seriously looking at extending the closures or going to hatchery only in some of the areas that were scheduled to open on Monday. There reasoning is the Fraser River Slide. Decision will be coming out today or tomorrow.

I strongly recommend you contact your MP, MLA and local media to emphasize how important these areas are to opening on Monday!

I heard that 2.:(

Yeah go bury head in sand cause they "may" do something they are going to what they want to do because no one stands up to them they figure ohhhh guess we will slap em more cause "we scared them" they (DFO) is like a bully in a school ground sometimes they need to be punched out...

Maybe Horgan or his rep will be at rally, he must know. One would expect him to be there to stand behind his screwed over voters who are negatively impacted by this BS action.

HM

My plans on July 15th are to wait an extra 2 weeks till Aug 1st because unlike most of the Province and the Fraser Nets that will start up their massive main fishery on July 15th, we on South V.I. are among the few who Ottawa has once again singled out to screw over for Political Reasons.

Expect a Fisheries Notice tomorrow afternoon. Don't be shocked if the closure is extended. We are all going to need to rally together over the next few months and force change as we are going to down a very scary road. If it was about science, this would be easy.

In going to pack for my trip to kyoqout, where offshore will be open for salmon,ling,and Halli. I won’t be getting truedope and wilkondums memo...

If the Dfo already deemed July 15 the number I’m assuming because all the early run Fraser have approached the river and therefore not much impact out in the ocean on the endangered stocks, what does a this newest dilemma way up in the river have to do with our impact on hatchery chinook out in the ocean

If the Dfo already deemed July 15 the number I’m assuming because all the early run Fraser have approached the river and therefore not much impact out in the ocean on the endangered stocks, what does a this newest dilemma way up in the river have to do with our impact on hatchery chinook out in the ocean
Can you say Fraser First Nations are calling the shots! This no longer is about science or data.

The Fraser River First Nations agreement put them at the table for top level decisions.

I'm still surprised with all the trash talking that nobody has posted a single video of the netting.

Back