2019 Winter Harbour Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading back to WH on Monday. Wondering if anyone has any recent reports.

Thx Scott

Fished Cliff Pt. from 10 AM to 1:30 PM today. Brought back 2 teeners and released a lot of shakers. Definitely not on fire when we were there.

Great up dates folks Thank you. Sounds like the fish are moving, hopefully some fresh ones are on the way in. Am getting excited about our trip coming next week.
Whats the deal e o about no ice? Is it cause of no retention? Or what? Should I get sea ice at Campbell River on my way up?

Great up dates folks Thank you. Sounds like the fish are moving, hopefully some fresh ones are on the way in. Am getting excited about our trip coming next week.
Whats the deal e o about no ice? Is it cause of no retention? Or what? Should I get sea ice at Campbell River on my way up?

Boat land ice is 5 bucks a cooler can't argue with that.

Boatland
3125 N island Hwy Campbell River

Ice isn't salted but good for the beverages

Fish cooler will probably cost more maybe double. 8 bucks ?
I have a number to Campbell River seafood's. They used to have sea ice.......not sure if they are still open. Will call in the am to find out.

We fished Clifffe point most of the day yesterday lots of action on hootchies spoons and chovies. Some nice coho starting to show up with chinooks mixed in. Usuall depths 30 - 50 feet.
Evan dropped my buddy off to catch a few waves at Grants.

It's raining today see how that affects the bite.

Going to try winter for the first time next week, how long of run from coal harbour to get into descent fishing? Only making a day trip of it plan on launching at daylight

Cliffe point was very good this morning.
Chinook and coho. Anchovies and green and white hootchies was working well. Our crew went down to the narrows and picked some coho there also.

Another great trip to winter harbour.

about an hour to cliff point. Mcallister to the North and Kains light add another 15 ish? start at cliff tight to kelp and watch for bloody seals. they’re real bad there
Thanks for the info. Will try that probably next Wednesday

We'll be out at Cliff point tomorrow ,leaving Telegraph at 5:15 with the boat on the trailer. hopefully some trailer parking to be had in Coal harbour. What channel do guys stand by on out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back