2019 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the responses, checked out squitty bay but no space in there, ended up at the government dock in false bay. Tried for a ling off south sangster but no luck. Spent night at the dock and then most of today trying for lings around north end of lasquieti no luck. Just set up to troll the humps, one coho down deep right away and one other bite so far
Yeah I tried for lings in my usual spots off Lasqueti (north, south, and a bit of Texada) and nothing. About a dozen other boats trying the same thing I was. Good to hear about the coho!

Any recent reports, gonna head up this afternoon for an overnight, any coho around in numbers

View attachment 45859 I’ve been out a number of times over the past week. Been catching and releasing numerous Springs with hardly a Coho in sight other than one hatch Ho we kept.
Saw ya at the launch as you were dropping off some friends, I was just about to launch. Everyone was busy at launch otherwise would have introduced. Fished off texada, didn’t put much effort for springs did one pass from Upwood up the west side a little ran the gear up high just to see. Mostly put the effort for lings. Marked some big bait patches and could see it boiling a little. Anchored up and will give it a go in the am, try some catch and release

Beautiful afternoon at Balenas yesterday.
10 hits in 2 hrs.
Released a couple of beauty 14-15lb springs.
Only one small wild Coho to the boat.
All lip hooked safely released thank goodness.
Lots of fun.

Hi all - heading to the humps tomorrow. Suggestion for depth and lures? Haven't had much luck there the past few times out and itching to get the skunk off!

Cheers

Hi all - heading to the humps tomorrow. Suggestion for depth and lures? Haven't had much luck there the past few times out and itching to get the skunk off!

Cheers
Try a no-bananas skinny g or a homeland security spoon. We've been hitting fish down 140 - 160 ft off Nanaimo

Fish are at all depths between 80’ and down. This weekend we hooked and played and released at least 20 Springs. At the humps even had a couple double headers. No Cohos amongst them though.

Hey guys - Ended up going back to Neck Point and had great success with an Irish Cream. Much deeper than I had been trolling before. Ended up with about 8-10 fish all caught at around 150-200 ft in 200-250 ft of water. (Downrigger was at 225ft, but I only use a 6lb ball in my kayak, so I expect I had a fair bit of blowback). One small hatchery coho I released. The rest all springs. Largest was maybe 10-15 lbs...got towed around for a while :)

Fished the humps for a few hours this afternoon, hit 6 or so wild coho, a few were good size. White needle fish hootchy, UV white double skirt and skinny g spoon all working. Marked tons of marks off the humps at times. The wind was a little nasty making it a bit of a chore so didn’t put a ton of effort or time in. Hit fish between 135 and 65

Fished the humps today in the light winds for a change, lots of coho out there. We were into probably 2 dozen fish. Kept 6 hatched and some good size. Not many springs but lost one and released one around 15-16 lbs. We were getting fish from 160 up to 65 but 90 ish was pretty productive. Was running a uv white hootchy, skinny g, chartreuse ace high and chartreuse hootchy with green stripe. Spring hit the shinny g. Awesome day out there with some friends and their kids

Anyone having any luck this weekend. Out here now trolling for the past 2 hours no hits so far. Beautiful day out though

Anyone having any luck this weekend. Out here now trolling for the past 2 hours no hits so far. Beautiful day out though

I lent my boat out yesterday and they got some coho but all wild, a couple small springs and lost a decent sized spring near the boat.
I think fishing from 80 - 150 with spoons and hootchies at the humps.

Got out yesterday from 11 til 2 and hooked maybe 6 or 7 springs. Most looked to be just under size with two between 12 and 15lbs. Most on a skinny g spoon around 120 to 140 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back