Bait selection help

Brett83

Hey I plan one going to nootka sounds on June 21. Does anybody know if it's possible to buy herring there or should I pack it up in a cooler from the city. Any suggestions on what bait to use around that time of year.

Hi Brett 83
You can buy anchovies,large herring at either Moutcha bay resort or critter cove. If you want red label or green label herring best to go to Berry’s bait and tackle they have a wide variety. I’ve fished Nootka for 20 years. Guys I know at Moutcha have been getting some realky nice fish out by the lighthouse and beano creek area. I prefer to salt my herring, anchovies for about 5 days before I use them. I’ve posted detailed information on this website if you do a search you should be able to pick up some really useful information. I’m heading up on the 15-28 up to Esperanza can hardly wait !!

Tight lines
Billydoo

Hi Brett 83
You can buy anchovies,large herring at either Moutcha bay resort or critter cove. If you want red label or green label herring best to go to Berry’s bait and tackle they have a wide variety. I’ve fished Nootka for 20 years. Guys I know at Moutcha have been getting some realky nice fish out by the lighthouse and beano creek area. I prefer to salt my herring, anchovies for about 5 days before I use them. I’ve posted detailed information on this website if you do a search you should be able to pick up some really useful information. I’m heading up on the 15-28 up to Esperanza can hardly wait !!

Tight lines
Billydoo
********, it wasn't 20 years ago when you were lost in the fog north of Flemming Island!! LOL
Hi Brett 83

Tight lines
Billydoo

Moutcha Bay does usually have good supplies. Stock up on smaller anchovies in Campbell River - last year no one had any out there.

I’d suggest if your going to buy bait not to buy while in Nootka, unless of course your willing to pay extra for them! Otherwise go for it..

Doug aka chinook
Lol that was in Barkley I always went to Nootka in July Barkley in August. I fished Barkley since I was 19 never missed a year if I remember right they closed Barkley mid or late 90s for a year or two ? Maybe someone on here remembers the exact years. Anyways up in Esperanza now and couldn’t be happier.

Tight lines
Billydoo

Back