2019 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you find moorage for the night? We've anchored in smugglers right beside secret a few times. Great prawning close by as well!

I moored up at secret cove. Trying to cut costs as it all adds up was trying to save the 40 bucks to Moore. Was gonna anchor but caved and hit the dock, it’s so nice to have the security and toilets lol. Checked out Anderson bay but seemed like the south east that was forecast would made for a roughing night. Trying to get a bunch of spots as will like to overnight most weekends. I really wish Squitty bay wasn’t taken over that’s a perfect location with a free government dock.

I moored up at secret cove. Trying to cut costs as it all adds up was trying to save the 40 bucks to Moore. Was gonna anchor but caved and hit the dock, it’s so nice to have the security and toilets lol. Checked out Anderson bay but seemed like the south east that was forecast would made for a roughing night. Trying to get a bunch of spots as will like to overnight most weekends. I really wish Squitty bay wasn’t taken over that’s a perfect location with a free government dock.
Yeah Squitty is cool. We tried staying there too but could only use the loading area to go check things out for a bit. They could do a lot more with it for sure.

Lots of places North of and around Bull Island to anchor. Protected from everything as well.

Well unfortunately I had to rip back to town to hell a friend in need early this am Will be back Thursday but quick question to the mercers have live bait right now? They always seem to but if any locals are aware that would be great. Will call by mid week otherwise, cheers.

Lots of places North of and around Bull Island to anchor. Protected from everything as well.

Ok sweet good to know, we ripped through that way on our way back, looked like some good spots. I just gotta get used to knowing the tides so I don’t wake up grounded one day lol.

Well unfortunately I had to rip back to town to hell a friend in need early this am Will be back Thursday but quick question to the mercers have live bait right now? They always seem to but if any locals are aware that would be great. Will call by mid week otherwise, cheers.
They had liveys all winter. I’m sure they still do. I’ll talk to Jerry tomorrow and find out.

Hi - time is getting near for my trip up to Texada way (my uncle and I); we are thinking of steaming from Port Moody or False Creek - all the way up, has anyone done this before? If so, how is it, how long and any pointers would be appreciated. Tight Lines!

Hi - time is getting near for my trip up to Texada way (my uncle and I); we are thinking of steaming from Port Moody or False Creek - all the way up, has anyone done this before? If so, how is it, how long and any pointers would be appreciated. Tight Lines!

What sort of boat are you coming up in? In our Hourston I do the run between lions gate marina and effectively Davis bay in about 1:10 cruising at 20 knots. To run to texada from our place is about 30 to 40 mins more. Aim for the middle of the bay and into the middle of the Straits as far out as possible to avoid all the beach debris that comes out with the tides. Also watch the tides and ideally catch it on the way up. There is no fuel from gibsons to secret cove and the only shelter is port stalashen. If you dive in there be aware its dry at the entrance below 2' tide.

Our hourston is 26' with a 320hp vp package. Seems like lots of boat for these waters but I can assure you when the tides running the wrong way against the winds the waves at pt Atkinson and gower point are not to be messed with.

Good luck and safe travels...

Last edited:

I’ve made the run from reed point in Port Moody up to egmont. It was about 2.5 hours in good conditions. I run a 20’ trophy pro with a merc 150 four stroke. Pick your days for sure, it can get real nasty out there as previously mentioned.

Nice to hear. It was always a nice spot to relax after a day of fishing and shoot a bit of pool.

They rebuilt the entire docks and the Upper Deck too The restaurant is more of a casual fine dining space now than it was before.

By the way the store below is one of the best stocked on the straits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back