2019 Port Renfrew Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Hauler is going in the water today, he is another year older and even more grumpier so look out ;) Oh and you might not recognize him, he had a haircut for the first time in 15 months and a straight razor shave, looking good if i do say so myself :D

Well the Hauler is going in the water today, he is another year older and even more grumpier so look out ;) Oh and you might not recognize him, he had a haircut for the first time in 15 months and a straight razor shave, looking good if i do say so myself :D
Good luck my friend, hauling my rig on the 31may

Well the hauler went out and dusted of the cobwebs, was out for 2.5 hours and was into 3 springs, nothing big 10-12 lbs, so nice to catch and release that's why i spend all the money i do on fishing :( Crabbing was good and only 1 sportsdragger dragging some bling around so all in all not a bad start.

Fished Sunday around Nitnat with guide. One small spring inshore in the morning and then tried halibut for 6hrs. Fished hard and got two fish around 15lbs. Monday took our small boat out for couple hours before the wind started up. Small hatchery spring at Camper released with one eyeball. Jigged up a couple of black rockfish as well. Crab traps were either loaded or empty with chewed up bait. Draw your own conclusions on what was happening there. Glad we put out all 4 traps.

We tried crabbing on renfrew last weekend and our traps were also coming up empty with chewed bait. When we sat on the traps, they had crab in them.

On the ferry heading out now, if the weather is good we try for stinkys on sat , will l

how is the fishing???? anybody out these last few days?? heading up for 3-4 days tomorrow,Jackel any fish hitting those cut plugs full of toothpicks ????

I'll be out on the US side of Swiftsure starting on Sat. I'll come back with a report. I don't imagine anyone in BC will like it as I anticipate good fishing for springs. I apologize in advance for the unfair difference in regs that allow me to keep some chinook on the other side of the imaginary line.

I'll be out on the US side of Swiftsure starting on Sat. I'll come back with a report. I don't imagine anyone in BC will like it as I anticipate good fishing for springs. I apologize in advance for the unfair difference in regs that allow me to keep some chinook on the other side of the imaginary line.
We only made it out to Swiftsure on Monday. Lot's of bait, birds and whales all around but not a lot of salmon to be found. We fished it from about 9:30-12:00 and picked up on chinook that was 18#. Inside the Strait on the US was good close to shore - tons of smallish coho but some decent chinook to be found.

CATCH AND RELEASE SUCKS :mad: Some real quality springs today up to 30 lbs. Also i saw some bouys out in deeper water and after i played one of the fish it took me out into 75-80 ft of water i went to have a look, UBC research written on the side of them. So on my way back in i stop to talk to the young guys from UBC who are doing work for DFO, i ask is that a microphone on the line, yup was the answer. So i asked if i pull it up and say DFO can lick my balls, do you think they will understand my message, uummm we don't know was the answer :)

CATCH AND RELEASE SUCKS :mad: Some real quality springs today up to 30 lbs. Also i saw some bouys out in deeper water and after i played one of the fish it took me out into 75-80 ft of water i went to have a look, UBC research written on the side of them. So on my way back in i stop to talk to the young guys from UBC who are doing work for DFO, i ask is that a microphone on the line, yup was the answer. So i asked if i pull it up and say DFO can lick my balls, do you think they will understand my message, uummm we don't know was the answer :)
LOLOL

They may ask, "What size are your balls and can you send pics."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back