2019 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the boat up this past weekend to grappler for the summer. Fished a couple hours each morning just on the wall and hooked quite a few fish but all pretty small. Largest a 6lb hatchery fish. Lots of bait Sunday morning jumping around the boat. Blew up my Sounder at the end of last year so was fishing blind. Small spoons seemed to be ticket

Took the boat up this past weekend to grappler for the summer. Fished a couple hours each morning just on the wall and hooked quite a few fish but all pretty small. Largest a 6lb hatchery fish. Lots of bait Sunday morning jumping around the boat. Blew up my Sounder at the end of last year so was fishing blind. Small spoons seemed to be ticket

was nice to meet you neighbour!

Ran the boat out to the nook on the weekend. Fished for a couple of hours. Got into a couple of fish One around 5 lbs. and the other 8lbs. Both where wild. Released both. Anchovy was the ticket at 75ft off diplock. Did one set for prawns 160 for a 6hr soak. The road was in pretty good shape

Olde school I only made a couple of pass at diplock , seen a couple of bait balls on the sounder. Besides the two that I caught and released , that was it. My son was dragging a spoon. There was no action on that. Mine where on anchovy in a purple haze Teaser head. Had my 3-1/2 year old granddaughter out for the first time fishing. Didn’t want to push it. So we kept it to a short trip. Anyways good luck out there. John.

A free weekend approaches... is the sound worth the run out from PA yet?

Spent the last two weekends in April in the sound. Chinook fishing was spotty at best for us. We did find a few nice fish over by Kirby and ling fishing was pretty good. There are a lot of undersized lings out there!

We tried a few spots for salmon like Cree island, swale rock, Vernon bay, diplock and pill point but the only place we found them were kirby, satilite passage and around sandford island.

Planning on being back Sunday and Monday of the May long to try for halibut so hopefully some more salmon move in and the winds lay down.

HALIBUT DERBY ON AT MILLS may long...

June 3-6 will be my first trip of the year out to Bamfield. Halibut is high on the target list, some bottom fishing and try a few spots for chinook in Barkley Sound
I'm heading up today planning to follow your same plan.

So this happened. A buddy from work and his wife had a couple in visiting from Atlanta Georgia. He's a big fisherman the others not so much. I offered to take them up to bamfield for the long weekend as I thought it would be awesome experience for them. I said I'd organize everything and we could split the expenses with which my buddy agreed. I included my travel and cabin costs(since my wife ain't coming and I'm essentially a host that has to do it all) and it worked out to about 1000$ for the five of us for 3 nights some fishing and all meals. I told them last night it would be about 200$ per person which I assumed was reasonable. Well I woke up this morning with a text saying the Americans couldn't afford to go and they were bitter and they weren't going to get up for their ferry reservation. I tried phoning them this morning and texted I would cover some for them and said 100$ per person but got no response. I'm pretty sure they didn't get on the 745 ferry. So was I being unreasonable. I think my offer and the opportunity to do a bamfield trip was more than fair. What do you guys think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back