Fishing Mabel lake

Don

Has any body got a update on fishing Mabel lake this spring I’m going out early June .my son is there now staying at the north end had a few bites no fish ,any pointers would help they have a boat.

Small apex’s or anything to imitate salmon fry. Troll around incoming creek mouths. Wap creek area, try all depths from 30 - 100 feet in the area. I’ve only fished south end, plan to be that way early June as well. Some very active and hard fighting bows. Beautiful lake, reminds me of the Island.

Small apex’s or anything to imitate salmon fry. Troll around incoming creek mouths. Wap creek area, try all depths from 30 - 100 feet in the area. I’ve only fished south end, plan to be that way early June as well. Some very active and hard fighting bows. Beautiful lake, reminds me of the Island.
Thanks Donnie for your information

also bucktails in the early am, right on top with 1 oz of weight 300' back at about 3.3mph. Also Lyman plugs in the 30-100' range at about 2.3-3mph they slay.

also bucktails in the early am, right on top with 1 oz of weight 300' back at about 3.3mph. Also Lyman plugs in the 30-100' range at about 2.3-3mph they slay.
Thanks kingblazer I will try both of them ,so far Mabel is beating me up .

How far ahead of the buck tails does the 1oz weight go ?

I usually put out about 100 - 150' of line then clip a slip weight 1 oz on and go another 150', I also run a 4" chrome apex on top the same way and have had luck that way or down on the rigger at those depths posted above.

Last edited:
I usually put out about 100 - 150' of line then clip a slip weight 1 oz on and go another 150', I also run a 4" chrome apex on top the same way and have had luck that way or down on the rigger at those depths posted above.
Thanks a lot kingblazer I will try that next month.have you found fishing the south end of Mabel or the north end where we will be staying better fishing then the other ?

Fished south end June 8. Aside from one big hit that didn’t stick we only managed a Kokanee on the gear off the riggers, but we hung the fly rod out back with a fry pattern and got two really nice bows 14-15 inches. Got into a great bite in the afternoon but got blown off the lake in an absolute instant squall. Good fun. Probably my only trip out to Mabel for the year. Focus turns to the salt!!

Great time on Mabel lake fished from June 4-11 had great fishing till the big storm came thru on the 8 then things slowed down we caught rainbows and a couple of smaller Lakers ( 2 lb. ) size .great time on the water

Great time on Mabel lake fished from June 4-11 had great fishing till the big storm came thru on the 8 then things slowed down we caught rainbows and a couple of smaller Lakers ( 2 lb. ) size .great time on the water

what did you get em on?

Back