Sooke Net Pen Raffle (2 weeks until draws)

profisher

I decided it would be a good idea to start a new thread for the 2nd raffle we have organized to make sure everyone is aware that there is another raffle ongoing and about to end on May 23rd. Up until now it has been promoted on the original raffle thread for the Sooke net pen which was concluded back at Christmas.
There are 1000 tickets available and to date we have sold 400, give or take. Tickets are $10.00 each and all proceeds once again are going to the 2019 Sooke net pen project run by SVIAC. The 2nd batch of 250,000 Chinook smolts are in the pen right now and will be released in a couple of weeks. The first 250,000 have already come and gone with great success and an extremely high survival rate.
There are 4 prizes being drawn for this time around. 1. Two - Scotty H.P> downriggers 2. Shockwave S-5 Suspension Seat Module 3. Cap-It tool box of your choice for box of your truck 4. Digital Smoker from Bass Pro
We are currently offering a bonus for anyone buying a minimum of two tickets. We had 100 tackle grab bags left over from the canceled 2018 JDF Derby. The sponsors permitted us to keep the tackle and find another way to use it to raise money for the net pen. So for every 2 tickets purchased you will be entitled to a tackle grab bag. (until the 100 bags are gone) There is at least $20.00 worth of tackle in each bag, many have much more. The tackle was supplied by Hot Spot, DuraBaits, Luhr Jensen, Krippled Lures, AP Tackleworks and Pro Troll.
Simply email me at sscl@shaw.ca with your name, phone number, address and a password for an e-transfer. Once I receive the e-transfer I will email copies of your tickets back to you and add your name to the tackle grab bag list. (until they are gone) You can then pick up the tackle at Gizmos Computers on Bay St.
Tickets are also available at Sherwood Marine Centre, Island Outfitters, Trotac Marine and Cap-It. These retail vendors do not have any access to the tackle grab bags, they are simply selling tickets.

If you need more time to get them all sold, I don't think there will be any objection to extending the May 23 end date.

Here is a picture of a typical bag...they are all different, some with more value some with a bit less. As far as extending the draw date you can't do that as the license with the gaming license is specific. You have to report your results shortly after your draw date. tackle.jpg

I decided it would be a good idea to start a new thread for the 2nd raffle we have organized to make sure everyone is aware that there is another raffle ongoing and about to end on May 23rd. Up until now it has been promoted on the original raffle thread for the Sooke net pen which was concluded back at Christmas.
There are 1000 tickets available and to date we have sold 400, give or take. Tickets are $10.00 each and all proceeds once again are going to the 2019 Sooke net pen project run by SVIAC. The 2nd batch of 250,000 Chinook smolts are in the pen right now and will be released in a couple of weeks. The first 250,000 have already come and gone with great success and an extremely high survival rate.
There are 4 prizes being drawn for this time around. 1. Two - Scotty H.P> downriggers 2. Shockwave S-5 Suspension Seat Module 3. Cap-It tool box of your choice for box of your truck 4. Digital Smoker from Bass Pro
We are currently offering a bonus for anyone buying a minimum of two tickets. We had 100 tackle grab bags left over from the canceled 2018 JDF Derby. The sponsors permitted us to keep the tackle and find another way to use it to raise money for the net pen. So for every 2 tickets purchased you will be entitled to a tackle grab bag. (until the 100 bags are gone) There is at least $20.00 worth of tackle in each bag, many have much more. The tackle was supplied by Hot Spot, DuraBaits, Luhr Jensen, Krippled Lures, AP Tackleworks and Pro Troll.
Simply email me at sscl@shaw.ca with your name, phone number, address and a password for an e-transfer. Once I receive the e-transfer I will email copies of your tickets back to you and add your name to the tackle grab bag list. (until they are gone) You can then pick up the tackle at Gizmos Computers on Bay St.
Tickets are also available at Sherwood Marine Centre, Island Outfitters, Trotac Marine and Cap-It. These retail vendors do not have any access to the tackle grab bags, they are simply selling tickets.

PM sent.

John yes you can but it will be faster for me to scan the tickets once I get your check and just email you copies of the tickets. This time around I've saved everyone the envelope and stamp by doing it this way. My address is Rollie Rose 836 Rockheights Ave Victoria, BC V9A 6J4 The check should be made out to South Vancouver Island Anglers Coalition. Include your full name and phone number for the tickets.

So far my guess is now 450 tickets sold of the 1000 we printed for this draw. So $4500.00 of the $10,000.00 available has been raised for the Sooke net pen. Thank you to everyone who has supported us so far. I'm hoping for a big last minute push in sales just prior to the draw on this coming Thursday. Less less than a week away now! Some of the invoices for the pen are already in our hands and more will come in the coming days as the 2nd and last batch of Chinook for 2019 are released into Sooke Harbour. The funds from this raffle will help us cover those costs.

Great idea starting a new thread I only realized the other week that there was a new raffle. Hopefully it helps boost sales. Been meaning to buy tickets. Email now sent.

I'm pretty sure we have gone over the 500 tickets sold as of today. Tickets will be pulled from the retailers on Thursday morning. (Island Outfitters, Trotac, Sherwood Marine and Cap-It) Online sales will also end on Thursday morning as the draw is scheduled for 3pm the same day. May 23rd. Today I got the data from Glen Varney for the 2019 net pen. The good news is worth sharing as once again this year the net pen was a great success with extremely low moralities due in large part to Glen and the many volunteers who helped from beginning to end. First getting the fish in good shape from the trucks into the pens, the twice a day feedings, the daily net cleanings and monitoring and collecting data. The data Glen shared with me is a follows: first delivery batch was 256,000 Chinook delivered on April 23 and 24th (released on May 5th) 46 non marked and 10 marked morts. The second batch was 274,000 delivered on May 7,8 and 9th and released on May 20th. 56 non marked and 26 marked morts. You could never come close to that kind of successful survival during that phase of their life in the wild. A great job again this year to Glen and his helpers.

Slaydown, pm sent

Last call for alcohol as they say. This is the last night for ticket sales. I've just counted the sold tickets I'm aware of and we are at 516 tickets sold of the 1000 available. There will be a few more that have sold at the retail outlet that I will pick up tomorrow morning. The draws takes place tomorrow afternoon. I'll be making 4 phone calls to the lucky winners tomorrow night.

Thanks Barman, your tickets have been emailed to you

We have our 4 winners. W e held the draws this afternoon out at the Sooke Harbour Resort & Marina. The original plan was to do the draws down on the docks in front of the net pen. There was just enough wind blowing that I could see a few tickets blowing out of the bucket and floating away. So I opted for indoors in the resort lobby. We shot a video with my phone and I will post it as soon as I get a chance. Going out tonight so maybe tomorrow. The winners are: 4. A Digital Smoker donated by Bass Pro - Dan Cocco 3. A truck bed tool box of your choice courtesy of Capt-It - Mitch Mclaren 2. A s-5 Shockwave seat module donated by Shockwave - Jamie Peakman 1. 2 Scotty High Performance downriggers donated by Scottyand by South Vancouver Island Anglers Coalition - Kyle Arnault Congratulations to the winners, I will be phoning you all shortly to make arrangements to pick up the goods. To everyone else who bought tickets and supported the cause, a big thank you. I wish everyone could be winners.

Final ticket count was 555 tickets sold and $5,550.00 raised for the net pen and $15,550.00 with the two draws combined.

Back