Local lake water temperatures

islandboy

Anyone care to share water temperature information? :rolleyes:
Thetis lake: April 17th was 51 - 52 F or 10.5 C :)
Prospect lake: April 24th was 55 F or 12.7 C :)
Prospect lake: May 3rd was 60 F or 15.5 C :)
Prospect lake: May 8th was 62 F or 16.6 C :(

Last edited:
We are swimming in Thetis now, and I'm not one of those Russian types. Definitely warmer than 52. It's come up a lot in the last two weeks. Sunfish are active. Langford last weekend was in the high 50's surface temps.

yeah, i spent an hour last night swimming in Glen Lake - almost perfect - I would say 21/22 area.

Out on Elk today - 18/19 C ; 64/66 F
Watched some nice sized trout swim lazily past me. :oops:

65 on the top of Langford. Lots of algae slime balls floating around. Trout fishing has slowed except for a few smaller ones.

Hey Habberdasher, we should go fishing next week. I will text you over the weekend.
Yes good idea frustrating day today about eight strikes all lost and I looked in every pocket of my vest and no hook sharpener and I even had a tippet break which almost never happens the last one I had on I did a great big hook set and pulled it right out.

about eight strikes all lost
That was my Friday - tagging steadily - nothing holding. :mad: Doing circles with continuous hits - dog giving it to me for no fish to the boat. :p Hook sharpening wasn't helping. o_O

Elk lake 62 F @ 8:00; 65 F by 10.
2 to the boat. 4" tomic at 35' deep for the larger one. :D

Yes good idea frustrating day today about eight strikes all lost and I looked in every pocket of my vest and no hook sharpener and I even had a tippet break which almost never happens the last one I had on I did a great big hook set and pulled it right out.
I was going to try little plugs yesterday but forgot them thanks for the report

Prospect 63 F @ 9:30 today.
4" tomic on the surface worked it's magic just as the water skiers convinced me to leave :D.

Prospect lake 63 F this morning.
Fat 18" rainbow on the 4" tomic. :)

No change in a week on Langford Lake. The bigger trout are harder to catch now, only got two over 14". Several of this springs catchables. Couldn't find any concentration of trout to set upon. A few bass but not as good as it's been. Lot's of slime in the shallows.

Prospect lake 65 F this morning, 67 when I left.

Prospect lake 67 F this morning. Trout action slow.
Bass fisherman said they lit up when the clouds arrived.

Prospect lake 69 F Friday morning, 70 when I left.
Empty bellies except for a little Daphnia pulex in one.

Are the lakes still warm? :( Building a new boat :D and waiting for the temps to come down. :rolleyes:

Back