2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya he is at thunderbird. nice boat, lots of skumbags onboard , if your going on the outside towards the lift at thunderbird marina you'l pass right by it.Does winnos I beleave is the name. That name is close My spelling ma be wrong.

Last edited:
Was out on the hump this am and got a couple before 9. Moved over to roger Curtis and got another two around the tide change. 110 and 140 were working with hootchies and spoons

Not fishing related: I’m walking out at Iona and there is a weird situation on the North Arm. I don’t have my VHF with me so wondering if anybody has been hearing chatter. There is a small boat that looks to be anchored in the middle of the channel and the Port Authority is hovering nearby. The Port Authority boat keeps flashing its lights and sirens and intercepting boats coming in and out of the river near the small anchored boat. Wondering if the small boat is taking on water and the PA is trying to reduce wakes? Curiosity is killin’ me!

Attachments

• DBFFB434-1875-4706-8A72-E7FF58995333.jpeg
    DBFFB434-1875-4706-8A72-E7FF58995333.jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 193
I went by that this afternoon. The guy beached himself. The port authority was out there just slowing people down so the boat didn't get swamped.
There was another boat out there that was able to pull him back into deeper water.

On another note...not fishing related, did you hear any chatter about a 40 footer sinking at the dock at Milltown?
I was involved in that. Hand bailed with 6 or 7 other people for probably 45 minutes before help arrived with a pump!
I'll post a photo later.

On another note...not fishing related, did you hear any chatter about a 40 footer sinking at the dock at Milltown?
I was involved in that. Hand bailed with 6 or 7 other people for probably 45 minutes before help arrived with a pump!
I'll post a photo later.
I legit just watched a video of this on a big time boating Instagram account , @thequalifiedcaptain

Sat was productive at defence
Everything got hit spoons hooches etc

Sun goit one hit at hitw.... noobie friend was reeling backwards so never saw that fish lol

I'll post a photo later.
Wuuut? That’s nuts!

I went by that this afternoon. The guy beached himself. The port authority was out there just slowing people down so the boat didn't get swamped.
There was another boat out there that was able to pull him back into deeper water.
Ah, thought it might be something like that. When the rib showed up (looked like it might be RCMP) it had a huge rooster tail so guessing he had his trim right up.

Yeah that's exactly it. The rib was from Musquem I believe.
The rib showed up later to Milltown with two pumps to help out with keeping the 40 footer from sinking.

Weekend Googan ! I see lots of them over the years take the wrong course returning up the north arm but its mud and you usually come to an abrupt stop ...... just hope its a rising tide. Sorry for the hi jacking the fishing report thread but decided not going to go out and play catch and release.

Fished Cowan to RC from 11:30-2 on Saturday. Catch and release was hot for us :cool:
4 undersize and 2 keeper size springs to the boat. All on Green Onion and Kitchen Sink on one wide and No Bananas flasher and spoon on the other rod. 100-125’ on the rigger. One fish was in the higher teens range. 4 out of 6 were hatchery :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back