2019 Nanaimo Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody been fishing lately? I’m wondering if thrasher is heating up?!

Fished for a few hours yesterday , had two legal sized fish and plagued by 40 - 50 cm fish. On a good note we also had 4 two to four lb hatchery cohos we released

Have to admit I am certainly disappointed that Fishcop did not come back with any response on native gill nets in the Fraser. I do not know if he has any assignment for that area, however , a well thought out and matter of fact post of the plans to keep the nets out of the Fraser would be a refreshing post to read. That is, unless, there is no actual game plan of how to keep the nets out of the Fraser and DFO is just giving this part of its Upper Fraser Protection plan nothing more than lip service...........

Have to admit I am certainly disappointed that Fishcop did not come back with any response on native gill nets in the Fraser. I do not know if he has any assignment for that area, however , a well thought out and matter of fact post of the plans to keep the nets out of the Fraser would be a refreshing post to read. That is, unless, there is no actual game plan of how to keep the nets out of the Fraser and DFO is just giving this part of its Upper Fraser Protection plan nothing more than lip service...........
They will be out making sure sport fisherman are using barbless hooks during catch and release. In their minds that’s more important. It’s a joke. They are too scared to confront the guys netting in the river anyway lol.

They will be out making sure sport fisherman are using barbless hooks during catch and release. In their minds that’s more important. It’s a joke. They are too scared to confront the guys netting in the river anyway lol.

Yes disappointing, problem is the Dfo officers on the ground probably feel helpless as society gives them a pass. If anything actually went to court it would most likely never stand up.

Fishery Officers were conducting recreational fishing inspections at the Brechin Boat launch all morning on April 16th as fishermen were returning to the launch. Of all the fishermen that returned to the dock, you were the only ticket that was issued that day since your fish was measured by the officers at slightly over 60 cm, nearly 2 cm under size (the minimum size being 62 cm, not "nearly 62 cm") The fish was seized and is being held in Nanaimo as evidence should you choose to dispute it; the court date you were given for Nanaimo court house is located at the bottom of the ticket and explained to you.

We don't appreciate being called "Power Hungry idiots with badges and GUNS", measure your fish properly and you wont be charged.

How about “Power Hungry Idiots just looking to cash a pay cheque”

Fishcop1 - If you really cared about Conservation you would answer the question asked of you.

It’s likely that @Fishcop1 has been instructed by his employer to stay quiet. My guess is he does not have authority to speak, and I assume could have set his department up for legal consequences with what he has already typed.

If you guys want to pose questions to DFO C&P staff with regards to Fraser River management. You can attend the local SFAC meetings in Langley (lower Fraser Valley) or Chilliwack (upper Fraser Valley). C&P staff from are often at the meetings, The next meetings are held in the Fall. Or alternatively contact your Local SFAC chair or attend the meetings and I am sure they can provide you with some of the answers you seek.

If you want to see what C&P staff were up to last year in the Fraser River region I have attached a presentation.

http://frafs.ca/sites/default/files2/Day 2 Post Season Presentation from C&P.pdf

This is suppose to be the reports section, If you want to discuss other issues take it to the " Conservation, Fishery Politics and Management" area on this forum.

Attachments

• Day 2 Post Season Presentation from C&P.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
Here's a non report. More sad than anything. It's flat calm out there and I havnt seen a single boat since I got home a 4pm.

20190430_183021_resized (1).jpg

If you guys want to pose questions to DFO C&P staff with regards to Fraser River management. You can attend the local SFAC meetings in Langley (lower Fraser Valley) or Chilliwack (upper Fraser Valley). C&P staff from are often at the meetings, The next meetings are held in the Fall. Or alternatively contact your Local SFAC chair or attend the meetings and I am sure they can provide you with some of the answers you seek.

If you want to see what C&P staff were up to last year in the Fraser River region I have attached a presentation.

http://frafs.ca/sites/default/files2/Day 2 Post Season Presentation from C&P.pdf

This is suppose to be the reports section, If you want to discuss other issues take it to the " Conservation, Fishery Politics and Management" area on this forum.

Thanks for the link. Isn't it interesting that in 2018 there were only 5 FN charges laid in the Lower Fraser and there were 5 FN charges not approved... It just gets worse....

Lower-Fraser-Fishery-Charges-2018.jpg
[/url]

Any updates on how Thrasher is going? I had a friend over there a few days ago and said they hooked into 3 Coho. Seems a bit early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back