Call to Action – Help Save BC’s Public Fishery

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off your crazy to vote this government :eek::eek:in again. Second this habitat protection debate and freshwater is BC matter right now. That is right John Horgan not JT. You all need to look who has jurisdiction, and that rests with Ministry of Environment firs under the act as it stands right now.

Also to add the liberals aren't even close to getting the protections in to the same way as Harper did so don't fool yourself ( I mean not even close...). This crazy environmental movement has gone far enough. While I get we need to protect environment I think all of you should be very superset with foreign US meddling with our government polices. This government right now has lost it's mind, and if you look at the policies on a range of issue they are not listening.

I mean come on now we have environmental lawyers ( this is true BTW) looking if to whales have the same right as people:rolleyes:. In NANAIMO all anglers steer clear of the NDP and Liberal candidates they are not on our side at all. I hope Nanaimo elects a Conservative to send a message to Ottawa.

You’re wrong, while the province does manage water and land use, the Fed Govt and DFO are responsible for the protection of fish habitat. Further as the Fed FA is senior to any of the Provincial statutes that give them authority to manage land and water, the Fed Fisheries Act always takes precedence and thus overrides any authority the Provinces have.

Cheers!

Ukee

Also, I would hope that none of us are naive enough to not realize foreign owned and run corporations and industry lobbies have far more $$$s and influence over ALL gov’ts, including Trudeaus libs, than any ENGOs will ever have.

Cheers!

Ukee

You’re wrong, while the province does manage water and land use, the Fed Govt and DFO are responsible for the protection of fish habitat. Further as the Fed FA is senior to any of the Provincial statutes that give them authority to manage land and water, the Fed Fisheries Act always takes precedence and thus overrides any authority the Provinces have.

Cheers!

Ukee

It worked that way before the fisheries act changes. Actually your wrong been through it with an actual active file recently not theory. Environment Canada doesn't have that power right now, or the amount officers to enforce.

DFO only gets involved at the end if needed. BC goevrnment is in control at the moment I am afraid. I was actually shocked going through the process.

Sorry, you’re wrong again. Authorities are founded in the constitution and what authority provinces have is delegated by the feds and, as such, Fed legislation is always “Senior”. Fisheries Act always has and always will supercede all Prov legislation.

If you’re referring to the fact Federal Environmental Assessments aren’t always triggered when a provincial EA is, that’s an entirely different matter and does not fetter the authority of either the FA to protect fish habitat or various statutes ECCC administers to prevent pollution.

Cheers!

Ukee

Also, I would hope that none of us are naive enough to not realize foreign owned and run corporations and industry lobbies have far more $$$s and influence over ALL gov’ts, including Trudeaus libs, than any ENGOs will ever have.

Cheers!

Ukee

Your not really aware of what’s going on in this country right now in regards to foreign investment are you. Never in our modern history has there been such a flight of investment from our country. We are on the verge of a massive recession, basically on the tipping point. The ENGO groups are running the country, Trudeau has their insiders in his cabinet, they are running the country and running investment out. They are breaking our country it’s only starting to show up if we give them another 4 years we will be so far gone it will take generations to pull us out. They can not be given another term.

https://business.financialpost.com/...p-into-recession-without-the-u-s-bca-says-yes

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/canada-in-top-of-the-ninth-as-recession-looms-rosenberg-1.1211617

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/economics/video/inside-the-markets-expect-a-recession-in-2019~1342279

Last edited:
If you think GLG will change think again he has posted in support of tides Canada many times. Apparently they provide funding to stream keepers so that makes them the bestest

Sometimes a person should just sit back a listen to another and they will tell you who they are.
index.php

Your not really aware of what’s going on in this country right now in regards to foreign investment are you. Never in our modern history has there been such a flight of investment from our country. We are on the verge of a massive recession, basically on the tipping point. The ENGO groups are running the country, Trudeau has their insiders in his cabinet, they are running the country and running investment out. They are breaking our country it’s only starting to show up if we give them another 4 years we will be so far gone it will take generations to pull us out. They can not be given another term.

ENGOS are running the country, not industry ... LOL, whatever delusions work for you Walleyes.

Suppose that explains why our govt bought a pipeline instead of BC fishing lodges, right?

Anyway, not going to solve the political rift on this thread that’s for sure!

Cheers!

Ukee

Sorry, you’re wrong again. Authorities are founded in the constitution and what authority provinces have is delegated by the feds and, as such, Fed legislation is always “Senior”. Fisheries Act always has and always will supercede all Prov legislation.

If you’re referring to the fact Federal Environmental Assessments aren’t always triggered when a provincial EA is, that’s an entirely different matter and does not fetter the authority of either the FA to protect fish habitat or various statutes ECCC administers to prevent pollution.

Cheers!

Ukee

Well wasn't what I experienced directly engaged directly with our Environmental officer and MOE, and Riparian enforcement division of the government, so let's agree to disagree. It really doesn't matter anyway.

ENGOS are running the country, not industry ... LOL, whatever delusions work for you Walleyes.

Suppose that explains why our govt bought a pipeline instead of BC fishing lodges, right?

Anyway, not going to solve the political rift on this thread that’s for sure!

Cheers!

Ukee

That explains exactly why this goverment bought a pipeline lol. The goof balls now have complete control over the only access to foreign markets available to our country geez man are you really that unaware of what’s happening out there.

Ahhh, they bought it to kill the industry, got it. So, rather than stop the billions of dollars in O&G industry subsidies annually, they spent more tax dollars on the industry only to kill it. That makes perfect logical sense.

How much for one of your tinfoil hats, Walleyes, Now that I’ve seen the light I think I’ll need one, too!

This forum has always had its ups and downs but the last 6-months or so the same group of trolls has turned most threads into political and industry lobbying that has nothing to do with the fishing or fishery management topics the OPs intended.

Hope everyone can get out and enjoy our beautiful coast this summer despite the BS of these regs and that all of you continue to advocate for our sport and the fish and environments that support it in whichever way you feel is best.

Cheers and Tight Lines all!

Ukee

sarcasm GLG Sarcasm, How's it going mark?

View attachment 45200
I'm not the only person that has noticed that you seem to be on both sides of issues here on this site and others. It's like you get a kick out of stirring the pot. I could post ton's of examples but frankly you're not worth it.

Ahhh, they bought it to kill the industry, got it. So, rather than stop the billions of dollars in O&G industry subsidies annually, they spent more tax dollars on the industry only to kill it. That makes perfect logical sense.

How much for one of your tinfoil hats, Walleyes, Now that I’ve seen the light I think I’ll need one, too!

This forum has always had its ups and downs but the last 6-months or so the same group of trolls has turned most threads into political and industry lobbying that has nothing to do with the fishing or fishery management topics the OPs intended.

Hope everyone can get out and enjoy our beautiful coast this summer despite the BS of these regs and that all of you continue to advocate for our sport and the fish and environments that support it in whichever way you feel is best.

Cheers and Tight Lines all!

Ukee

Ok,, so a boy from the left coast is going to give me, a second generation, 35 + years in the industry myself a lesson in how the oil and gas industry works in this country,, got yah.

Tight lines to you too cause that’s all you got and that’s fleeting fast. Ever been to St John NF and seen what the closure of a fishery does to an area and communities. Keep your Libs and Greens in power and your going to find out fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back