Call to Action – Help Save BC’s Public Fishery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Northern Boys! We are having the same issues in WA. No one cares about sport fisherman anymore. Keep fighting—we are. And lay off some of our fish please! . Whales, tribes and commercials own the politicians, and they own us. Hope to see you for a few days in Sooke again this year.

Peter W.

Hello Northern Boys! We are having the same issues in WA. No one cares about sport fisherman anymore. Keep fighting—we are. And lay off some of our fish please! . Whales, tribes and commercials own the politicians, and they own us. Hope to see you for a few days in Sooke again this year.

Peter W.

Perhaps you guys have the ENGO's who are helping send US cash north across the border via Tides Canada to fund the fight the ENGO's are taking to Close Our Public Fishery. I wouldn't be a bit surprised by that, because this Liberal government amended the law to allow foreign cash to come up here to play a role in setting Canada's domestic policy. And, if you don't believe me look up what role US cash passed up to Tides Canada has played in the Marine Protected Area (MPA) - they are working right now to close 40% of our inshore waters....which BTW focus on all the high value recreational fishery areas...no surprise. Imagine that...US cash, sent north to ENGO's who are pawns in an effort to close recreational fisheries. Image that - Canadian government that is this gullible to allow a back door for foreign money to influence Canada's domestic policy....never would have happened on a Conservative watch. This is worse than the Russians trying to influence the US election.

Perhaps you guys have the ENGO's who are helping send US cash north across the border via Tides Canada to fund the fight the ENGO's are taking to Close Our Public Fishery. I wouldn't be a bit surprised by that, because this Liberal government amended the law to allow foreign cash to come up here to play a role in setting Canada's domestic policy. And, if you don't believe me look up what role US cash passed up to Tides Canada has played in the Marine Protected Area (MPA) - they are working right now to close 40% of our inshore waters....which BTW focus on all the high value recreational fishery areas...no surprise. Imagine that...US cash, sent north to ENGO's who are pawns in an effort to close recreational fisheries. Image that - Canadian government that is this gullible to allow a back door for foreign money to influence Canada's domestic policy....never would have happened on a Conservative watch. This is worse than the Russians trying to influence the US election.

Bang on searun, bang on man.

If you want some entertainment, follow some of the big ENGO players on their FB and Instagram and see what they post up...and perhaps comment when you see mis-info posted.
If you want some entertainment, follow some of the big ENGO players on their FB and Instagram and see what they post up...and perhaps comment when you see mis-info posted.
Here's a few a to checkout:

https://www.facebook.com/watershedwatchsalmonsociety/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=raincoast conservation foundation&epa=SEARCH_BOX

https://www.facebook.com/DavidSuzukiFoundation/

These protest actions will do nothing. This is clearly a political issue. Trudeau has peed of indians by pretending to support TMX and then sticking it to JWR. This is a move to gain back some votes from indians. Until the sport fishing world stops the panty wearing procedures nothing will change. Stop voting for the NDP and Liberals, indians have both of these parties in their pockets. Let these politicians know they'll be unemployed this fall because of this move. Start connecting the dots between leftwing voting tendencies and loss of freedoms. Real people need to vote as a block for Conservatives who support business and individual rights and protect productive, real Canadians from the indian lobby. These facts should be self evident but even here I see misinformed people trash talking Harper. What's wrong with some of you people? Wake up and look at what leftists have done to this province!

I think they were remembering the Navigable Waters act brought in by Mr. Harper.

These protest actions will do nothing. This is clearly a political issue. Trudeau has peed of indians by pretending to support TMX and then sticking it to JWR. This is a move to gain back some votes from indians. Until the sport fishing world stops the panty wearing procedures nothing will change. Stop voting for the NDP and Liberals, indians have both of these parties in their pockets. Let these politicians know they'll be unemployed this fall because of this move. Start connecting the dots between leftwing voting tendencies and loss of freedoms. Real people need to vote as a block for Conservatives who support business and individual rights and protect productive, real Canadians from the indian lobby. These facts should be self evident but even here I see misinformed people trash talking Harper. What's wrong with some of you people? Wake up and look at what leftists have done to this province!
1) Protests work. The FN (Indians) do it and it gets the attention of the government in power.
2) I used to vote Conservative as a kid, I don't see myself going back any time soon.
3) Harper did his fair share of damage to our fishery, including muzzling scientists, destroying a hundred or more years of records, and cuts to funding.
4) If you think any party is above cuts and politically expedient moves, you might want to take some time to do some research on your party of choice. They all do it, and that is not a fake news fact.

1) Protests work. The FN (Indians) do it and it gets the attention of the government in power.
2) I used to vote Conservative as a kid, I don't see myself going back any time soon.
3) Harper did his fair share of damage to our fishery, including muzzling scientists, destroying a hundred or more years of records, and cuts to funding.
4) If you think any party is above cuts and politically expedient moves, you might want to take some time to do some research on your party of choice. They all do it, and that is not a fake news fact.
A vote for the Liberals is a vote for 4 more years of ENGO government....won't be anything left of your fishery. Before you write off the Conservatives, perhaps asking them about their new policies going into this election would be a good idea.

This thread is about the public fishery and to think that somehow conservatives believe in such a concept is naive at best when you look at the evidence from the past and what is happening in Ontario and Alberta with their new policies that are being put into place. One should remember what happened in our halibut fishery when the solution to more allocation was to setup a system to transfer quota between commercials and recreational anglers. What did they call it again.... A market based system. Perhaps check what SFI has to say about that.

https://sportfishing.bc.ca/halibut-experimental-licence/

"We believe that the program is unnecessary and divisive. It attempts to create user-group distinctions within the recreational fishery where none exist. The recreational quota leasing program is inappropriate as it turns recreational fishing into a quazi-commercial harvesting activity; it seeks to create different classes of recreational anglers when all recreational anglers ought to have equal access to a Canadian public resource; it unjustly enriches a small number of commercial quota holders; and, it simply distracts anglers from government’s principal error which was granting private property rights to a Canadian public resource."

There is credible evidence that the conservatives have been compromised. They aren't your father's party anymore.

yclVkVv.jpg

There is credible evidence that the conservatives have been compromised. They aren't your father's party anymore.

And the liberals are no longer the economic liberals they once were. It’s the JT and jerold
Butts party.

If they got rid of JT I would probably vote for them again.

The liberals have lost my vote over the action they have taken. They have also decimated our fishery and access. I’m sure you know they have a lot more plans to further close more areas as well.

It’s their actions that have caused this

Last edited:
First off your crazy to vote this government :eek::eek:in again. Second this habitat protection debate and freshwater is BC matter right now. That is right John Horgan not JT. You all need to look who has jurisdiction, and that rests with Ministry of Environment firs under the act as it stands right now.

Also to add the liberals aren't even close to getting the protections in to the same way as Harper did so don't fool yourself ( I mean not even close...). This crazy environmental movement has gone far enough. While I get we need to protect environment I think all of you should be very superset with foreign US meddling with our government polices. This government right now has lost it's mind, and if you look at the policies on a range of issue they are not listening.

I mean come on now we have environmental lawyers ( this is true BTW) looking if to whales have the same right as people:rolleyes:. In NANAIMO all anglers steer clear of the NDP and Liberal candidates they are not on our side at all. I hope Nanaimo elects a Conservative to send a message to Ottawa.

First off your crazy to vote this government :eek::eek:in again. Second this habitat protection debate and freshwater is BC matter right now. That is right John Horgan not JT. You all need to look who has jurisdiction, and that rests with Ministry of Environment firs under the act as it stands right now.

Also to add the liberals aren't even close to getting the protections in to the same way as Harper did so don't fool yourself ( I mean not even close...). This crazy environmental movement has gone far enough. While I get we need to protect environment I think all of you should be very superset with foreign US meddling with our government polices. This government right now has lost it's mind, and if you look at the policies on a range of issue they are not listening.

I mean come on now we have environmental lawyers ( this is true BTW) looking if to whales have the same right as people:rolleyes:. In NANAIMO all anglers steer clear of the NDP and Liberal candidates they are not on our side at all. I hope Nanaimo elects a Conservative to send a message to Ottawa.

If you think GLG will change think again he has posted in support of tides Canada many times. Apparently they provide funding to stream keepers so that makes them the bestest

And in case you haven't been following the money and policy....under the Liberals:

1) MPA - will remove 40% of inshore waters from public fishery access - phase 1 consultation ends June 30, and then the big rush to get the regulatory framework complete before the next election (just in case they lose the election)

2) Chinook restrictions that essentially kill the public fishery, when there were other choices available (science-based)

3) SRKW measures and Critical Habitat designations that are not based on firm, well researched proven outcome science - mostly suppositions

4) Continued erosion of other public fisheries such as prawn, clam, oyster....in the name of "reconciliation"

5) ENGO's being funded by US foundations to flood financial support into Canada to directly influence and fund efforts to shape Canada's domestic policy....it doesn't get more egregious than that!

6) Direct links to ENGO's within the inner Liberal circle

I'm sure there are plenty more...but you get the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back