Don’t want to kill salmon by c and r

Nice thread Tom. Hope to meet you at Elk Lake.. we will still fish salt water as we like crab and bottom fish. The ease and quiet of lake fishing with an electric motor is very enjoyable.

Last edited:
Thanks Scott I even bought a release tool from Bass pro but I am haunted by the memory of a beautiful wild coho floating away after I admit a poor release
I am going to a lodge in the interior that’s lake has too good a spawn and the owners encourage catch and kill and even smoke them for you.
When I get back from that trip I will only have a couple of weeks to wait before we can keep one incase I have one badly hooked
Tight lines
Tom

Nice thread Tom. Hope to meet you at Elk Lake.. we will still fish salt water as we like crab and bottom fish. The ease and quiet of lake fishing with an electric motor is very enjoyable.
Maybe at the lake you can whisper where you crab? At Willows I only seem to get undersized ones

Pan fries out of Thetis last week were tasty; Lake temp 51 - 52 F, fire tiger w/silver wings spin-n-glo behind lake troll.
Shared a few from Prospect with friends tonight; lake temp 55 F, same rig. Could not get the second line in the water.
SpinNGlosAllwhite2.jpg

school_o_minnows_lake_troll_hero.jpg

I just looked at google maps and it just looks like echo place is still the launch for prospect it’s a long back up with a trailer and parking might be a problem that being said I might try it in my float tube if my new hip will like that?
Thanks islandboy for the post is there a launch at Thetis ?

Is there still a boat launch at prospect lake? Is it any better than it was 20 years ago?
Trailer launch is still crappy. I use a set of wheels for our canoe from the park at the North end - walkway and dock is in great shape.
Thetis only has beach launching as well.

Been doing well on Langford with fly's ,lots of 10-18" ers , no big one's yet .
Thanks for the report how is langford for launching and parking it’s been a while since I have fished there but got to play a Eagle that came from behind me and almost gave me a heart attack it was like flying a kite until I blocked the reel

Langford has a good launch but at the moment parking can be a pain if it's busy. Probably the best place for a chance of a bigger fish. So far I have released a 5#6oz and a few in the 4lb range. I keep the occasional small one but like to think the bigger fish are worth more swimming in the lake than as a meal.
Thetis has no back down boat launch. Some decent bass and the occasional decent rainbow. Most of the mature fish are under 14".
Durrance has a O.K. launch but most of the parking is taken by Mountain Bikers who aren't really even using the park. Probably the best bet for those that need to catch their limit.

Why use expensive gang trolls? Troll a fly. It's cheaper and more productive.

Langford has a good launch but at the moment parking can be a pain if it's busy. Probably the best place for a chance of a bigger fish. So far I have released a 5#6oz and a few in the 4lb range. I keep the occasional small one but like to think the bigger fish are worth more swimming in the lake than as a meal.
Thetis has no back down boat launch. Some decent bass and the occasional decent rainbow. Most of the mature fish are under 14".
Durrance has a O.K. launch but most of the parking is taken by Mountain Bikers who aren't really even using the park. Probably the best bet for those that need to catch their limit.

Why use expensive gang trolls? Troll a fly. It's cheaper and more productive.
Thanks Eroyd
One day over twenty years ago I had a gang troll out one side and a leech fly on the other side and I remember that first fly caught trout and have trolled flies ever since. Would you think that the parking at Langford is ok on weekdays? Maybe early?
Even at Elk most of the parking was taken by walkers in-spite of the signage .
Tight lines Tom

Back