2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
trying to figure out new restrictions. what I've read not making much sence to me. can we legaly retain any springs anywhere in area 28 or 29. thanx for any clarification.

trying to figure out new restrictions. what I've read not making much sence to me. can we legaly retain any springs anywhere in area 28 or 29. thanx for any clarification.
You better figure it out quickly. It's not that difficult. If you are fishing in the areas covered by this report( Vancouver, Howe sound or Sechelt) it's non retention of chinook.

Just a quick report....gas prices in the lower mainland have now hit another record high in North America....wtf....I say there must have been some "collusion" between the DFO and Oil companies with an effort to "interfere" with our saltwater fishery.....and with the recent wind forecasts I'm starting to wonder if mother nature is also against us....:eek:

Reactions: RBL
Just a quick report....gas prices in the lower mainland have now hit another record high in North America....wtf....I say there must have been some "collusion" between the DFO and Oil companies with an effort to "interfere" with our saltwater fishery.....and with the recent wind forecasts I'm starting to wonder if mother nature is also against us....:eek:
I dont think you are far off. Throw a pipeline in your equation.

666E63B1-050F-4209-9EED-192CAD4ACCA5.png Had some success fishing the Trail Islands over the weekend while I was up there for the long weekend. Managed to not deep six the little drone off the boat too. All the action came on the herring aid spoon 67-87’ on rigger in 100-150’ water. Biggest was around 12-13#’s(mostly wild) and no bleeders!

Last edited:

Carbon tax and lack of approval to build the pipeline. That’s the direct cause.

Many of you on this Forum have been calling for a Protest of the Chinook closures announced by DFO last week. I am working with a group of concerned individuals who would like to see the public and media made aware of the impacts and issues of this decision. There will be more information to follow shortly on this Protest, but I wanted to let you know the planned date and time, so everyone will have time to plan to attend. It will be May 1st between 12 and 1 PM outside Fisheries Minister Wilkinson's office located at 102 W 3 Street, North Vancouver.

Many of you on this Forum have been calling for a Protest of the Chinook closures announced by DFO last week. I am working with a group of concerned individuals who would like to see the public and media made aware of the impacts and issues of this decision. There will be more information to follow shortly on this Protest, but I wanted to let you know the planned date and time, so everyone will have time to plan to attend. It will be May 1st between 12 and 1 PM outside Fisheries Minister Wilkinson's office located at 102 W 3 Street, North Vancouver.

I am away or would attend. Anything post May 7th I am there

So with these native net openings on the Fraser coming up. And the amount of seals I’ve seen in the system already. I’m thinking chinook numbers will still be down and then there will be some scientific political ******** to keep us Rec guys from fishing. I mean who’s to say dfo won’t close the openings in July. could this closure just be the calm before the storm.!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back