ENGO's go after Catch and Release and Hatcheries now

wildmanyeah

Crew Member
On to the next campaign now that they got chinook closed. Now they want C&R closed and hatcheries.....

"But MacDuffee said she wants to see even stronger restrictions. She hopes the DFO will halt fishing activity for all salmon species in the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the Strait of Georgia because even the catch and release of chinook can cause mortality.

At this point, the ailing southern resident orcas need all the help they can get, she said.

She is also calling for a decrease in the number of hatcheries — where juvenile salmon are raised by humans before being released into the wild — because human-reared salmon weaken the genetic pool of wild fish, she said."

https://www.thestar.com/vancouver/2...tect-bcs-southern-resident-killer-whales.html

On to the next campaign now that they got chinook closed. Now they want C&R closed and hatcheries.....

"But MacDuffee said she wants to see even stronger restrictions. She hopes the DFO will halt fishing activity for all salmon species in the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the Strait of Georgia because even the catch and release of chinook can cause mortality.

At this point, the ailing southern resident orcas need all the help they can get, she said.

She is also calling for a decrease in the number of hatcheries — where juvenile salmon are raised by humans before being released into the wild — because human-reared salmon weaken the genetic pool of wild fish, she said."

https://www.thestar.com/vancouver/2...tect-bcs-southern-resident-killer-whales.html

That and the recent major fishing reductions should make the DFO staff nervous. If you don't have fisheries, why do you need so many staff to manage them?

Looks like you guys are starting to get it...the ENGO's are driving this agenda within government. They are well funded, and have established strong in-roads within this Liberal government. Unless rec fishers get political, you can expect to see more and more deaths by 1000 cuts....just wait for the MPA process to close down their target of 40% of all inshore waters....its coming to a favourite fishing location near you soon. No BS.

Haven’t been surprised, been defending fish farms on hear for years against the ENGO propaganda. Soon as they claimed a win on fish farms it was right on to whales, then they got their whale closures last year, they went for chinook this year.

All connected and said in 2017 fishermen would be next.

Looks like you guys are starting to get it...the ENGO's are driving this agenda within government. They are well funded, and have established strong in-roads within this Liberal government. Unless rec fishers get political, you can expect to see more and more deaths by 1000 cuts....just wait for the MPA process to close down their target of 40% of all inshore waters....its coming to a favourite fishing location near you soon. No BS.
I have the MAPP proposal on my desk. These people won’t be happy until everyone is walking around broke in sandals eating tofu and pine nuts.

So where’s Andrew Scheer? I suspect he can’t be far away, he should be out here fighting for pipelines and recreational anglers. There’s votes up for grabs here now for sure.

Here’s dfo’s statement in seals and sea lions::

Predation – DFO, in partnership with research partners in Canada and the U.S., is convening a forum to discuss and assess scientific evidence relating to population dynamics of seals and sea lions, their diet and their impacts.

That’s it, they’re really tackling this threat head on !!!

Shut down all the hatcheries and enhancement projects, both north and south of the border. Everybody walk away, let DFO and the NGO's fund and staff them all. That won't happen. The whales will all starve in a few years and the NGO's can own it.

Misty is as dumb as a stump and about as good looking as one too :) Did you notice lots of leather boots and shoes on the munchers, wonder where the leather came from????

Last edited by a moderator:
This was interesting last night in the presentation in Victoria. I saw a lot stumbles when the talk of hatcheries came in. I feel like Misty doesn't have a grasp of what some of local hatcheries actually do. She seems to be comparing them to mass hatcheries like they have in US. Many projects across mainland and island are a mix of habitat enhancement and hatchery supplement.

Last edited:
This was interesting last night in the presentation in Victoria. I saw a lot stumbles when the talk of hatcheries came in. I feel like Misty doesn't have a grasp of what some of local hatcheries actually do. She seems to be comparing them to mass hatcheries like they have in US. Many projects across mainland and island are a mix of habitat enhancement and hatchery supplement.
That's for sure...trying to pass off a 700mm Chinook as a 5 year old fish...OMG, nearly fell off my chair on that comment. Those of us who actually interact with Chinook know that 77cm or 770mm fish is scientifically considered to be a 3 year old...not a 5 year old. But, the public don't know and can't see they are being played.

AND, we are being played by ENGO's that are funded by offshore money aimed at influencing Canada's own domestic policies....talk about foreign political influence. This Liberal ENGO loving government needs to wake up and see they are being used.

That's for sure...trying to pass off a 700mm Chinook as a 5 year old fish...OMG, nearly fell off my chair on that comment. Those of us who actually interact with Chinook know that 77cm or 770mm fish is scientifically considered to be a 3 year old...not a 5 year old. But, the public don't know and can't see they are being played.

AND, we are being played by ENGO's that are funded by offshore money aimed at influencing Canada's own domestic policies....talk about foreign political influence. This Liberal ENGO loving government needs to wake up and see they are being used.
The voters in bc need to realize that the federal liberals will always side with the enviros.

Back