2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me how the ramp at McDonald beach is at low tide. I want to pull a 26 ft boat out tomorrow around low tide Thanks

The stamp money goes directly to psf if I’m not mistaken and given the amount of hatchery fish being caught this is the part I would gladly pay every year.

Yes but those aren't BC hatchery fish.....BC/Canada don't seem to care about the hatchery concept going on south of us.

I understand the notice but when you go to dfo website last updated April 19 00:17:10, the limit is 2 over 62 cm. If the website is updated after the notice is sent...
Will be out tomorrow for the first time since September regardless.

Suit yourself - In the "Restrictions" sections, it says "Individual species limits also apply." Yesterday's FN placed limits on Chinook.

The Fisheries Notices are the variation orders to the website info. They take precedence over the basic regulations.

Given the state of things now, what are our alternatives to fish for? Maybe steelhead or something in the Fraser or bottom fishing in the G.S.? I'm not familiar with fishing other than trolling for Salmon. Any offers of advice would be appreciated...

Can anyone tell me how the ramp at McDonald beach is at low tide. I want to pull a 26 ft boat out tomorrow around low tide Thanks
I wouldn't and I have used that ramp for 10 years...and only have a 21 ft ...wait for med tide at least , just my 2 cents

I would guess you need 1. 5 m minimum . Below 1 I paddle m 21 ft flat bottom to barely get it on the trailer

April 21
week 16 Chinook Stl'atl'imc /
Ts'kw'aylaxw Fraser R - Texas Creek to Kelly Creek 7
(daylight only) Monday April 15 05:00 Sunday April 21 22:00*
(extends into next week) Gill net, Dip net, Angling with Rod & Reel XFSC 78 2019 / XFSC 79 2019
April 21
week 16 Chinook Xaxli'p East side of Fraser R - Lillooet between 3 mile & 14 mile 7
(extends into next week) Gill net, Dip net, Angling with Rod & Reel XFSC 80 2019

April 21
week 16 Chinook Stl'atl'imc /
Ts'kw'aylaxw Fraser R - Texas Creek to Kelly Creek 7
(extends into next week) Gill net, Dip net, Angling with Rod & Reel XFSC 78 2019 / XFSC 79 2019
April 21
week 16 Chinook Xaxli'p East side of Fraser R - Lillooet between 3 mile & 14 mile 7
(extends into next week) Gill net, Dip net, Angling with Rod & Reel XFSC 80 2019

As a member of the uninitiated - what does this mean?

Why is this even a surprise?
Dfo’s announcement said “limited FSC opportunities will be provided “
This is just the beginning of the FSC season. Wait until it gets in full gear.

What I find interesting with the DFOs decision, is they are really just protecting the WA state fish. At this time of year (April through May) we are really just intercepting States bound fish. Then in mid/late July when we are allowed to start to retain, we are actually catching our local stock...makes no sense to me...if anything, allow us to retain early season and then tighten up come July/August...also shut down the river and all commercial :)

This weekend I had to button up my home renovation, so won’t be out, but pending the winds, I’ll be heading out Friday night and Saturday day; planning on fishing Thrasher...so anyone out that way this week, please let us know how it’s going over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back