Apparently it’s good news..

Pearl dog

just received this email. i’m not nearly as happy as these guys...

Attachments

• 971DF1A1-10D0-48E1-8723-1BC139C9E334.png
    971DF1A1-10D0-48E1-8723-1BC139C9E334.png
    967.6 KB · Views: 625
Makes one question whether or not the West Coast of Vancouver Island is on the migration route? I guess not? Hard to tell from the DFO site map? Anyone know where one can get the actual accurate info?

Good for them, not for the rest of the industry. Pretty short sighted for them to be celebrating when their brothers are taking a hit. Think big picture Rivers Inlet, you are next.

It seems that the areas with the expensive hard to get to, high end lodges catering to the rich, full pocket crowd aren't taking a hit. Central coast, haida gwaii... If anything it will make them busier. Basically a nice gift from the government. I hope lobbying wasn't involved in this decision but it wouldn't surprise me if money changed hands... It seems we (joe public) always get shafted while the big money seems to keep making their profits. Can I ask what hit the disease laden, open net pen invasive atlantic salmon fish farms are taking without my post getting removed? It seems to me they remain unscathed as usual while the rest of us take the hit. Is science no longer involved in decision making? It sure seems that way.

Last edited:
Science has been taking a break from Ottawa and Victoria for a very long time. Corporate greed is the key decision catalyst these days.
I'm not sure why that surprises anyone anymore.

Well I guess if the Fraser Springs don’t pass through that area, seems fair. Probably not wise to celebrate too much though.

Well, I know where I'm planning to fish next year now. thanks for posting. Launch in Hardy and run up to Rivers Inlet. Stay on the hook. Unfortunately we all know this now and its going to push a lot of people into the area and put pressure on the stocks. Always wanted to to fish RI since the 70's, now I have a reason to do it finally because my normal haunts are no doubt never going to be open on the WCVI pre July 15 again. Once the DFO make a catch reduction, they don't change them. The pressure from ENGO's is just going to get worse and worse. Look at London this week. It's domestic terrorism against citizens. It's out of control.

So much for us all being in this together!

Back