2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am out at the hump today also one shaker what depth are you at cohochinook?

Last edited:
Man, those pics must be from two decades ago. There’s no fish in the ocean now and the whales are starving.

Looking at those pics when at my stinky workstation really makes it more painful. Did I tell you how I feel about DFO ?

Yes but se Alaska is killing are Fraser fish plus lots of these hatchery fish are Cowichan Vedder Chehalis

Capilano and sea pen fish
Many of us in WA hate the Alaska commercial fishery also. More than 75% of the Columbia River bound salmon never make it past the south end of VCI. Between the Alaska and the WCVI commercial most fish are gone before they hit WA waters. Then on what's left, the tribes and the commercials in WA remove much of that. The recreational guys are fishing on the scraps of the scraps.

I think we should all just keep fishing until someone gets fined.

Maybe I'm a dummy but in all of this press and on the dfo site I have yet to see a clear statement such as "effective April xx all fishing is restricted until July 14" for example. I haven't checked the dfo site yet today but will shortly....

Maybe I'm a dummy but in all of this press and on the dfo site I have yet to see a clear statement such as "effective April xx all fishing is restricted until July 14" for example. I haven't checked the dfo site yet today but will shortly....
Still open keep fishing. I'd be at Bowen lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back