Latest 2019 Chinook News

Hey fellers I’m back and I’m pissed.

Took this insanity to draw me out but WOW.

Let’s make some trouble. I can’t sit back and accept this sodomy.
Right where the sun doesn't shine. Its the end game after decades of outright mismanagement of the west coast fishery, nothing less. Allowing the fishery to go political is the last straw. They are idiots. This is going to cause a political ripple that won't be forgotten. The damage they are about to unfold is shocking. For some reason I see Trudeau senior sitting in that train window years ago giving BC the finger.

If they say close to shore and the map shows this, I’m fishing pender bluffs this summer!D0B8C90A-6000-4FE7-A31D-6DB33A710FFF.jpeg

FWIW - looks like I get Renfrew now - it is closed until July 14 with the exception of the sliver from Bonilla to Pachena (area 21) - then all inner waterways point to point all the way up the coast are open (area 23-27). Renfrew is entirely political...hardly any Fraser fish come through.

FWIW - looks like I get Renfrew now - it is closed until July 14 with the exception of the sliver from Bonilla to Pachena (area 21) - then all inner waterways point to point all the way up the coast are open (area 23-27). Renfrew is entirely political...hardly any Fraser fish come through.

I wondered that as well if you go by the crappy bubble map they released. If you go by the one Island Outfitters released it's all closed along there until the 15th. However I still haven't seen the official map.

Right where the sun doesn't shine. Its the end game after decades of outright mismanagement of the west coast fishery, nothing less. Allowing the fishery to go political is the last straw. They are idiots. This is going to cause a political ripple that won't be forgotten. The damage they are about to unfold is shocking. For some reason I see Trudeau senior sitting in that train window years ago giving BC the finger.
I’m
With you at wat point do the people just take it back?

Just my opinion, but what this came down to was a recognition by the government that the ONLY way to have a positive impact on the early Fraser chinook runs was to shut down native fishing in the river, and the only way to do that based on recent court cases was to shut down all fishing on those runs. I'm sure their constitutional and legal experts told them the courts have said natives have precedent over all other users which means to shut the native fishery down, all other users had to be as well. Why else shut down WCVI troll fisheries and sport fisheries that have very small (but not zero) impacts on these stocks?

Missed this post, You are correct Legally that is the only way.

Just heard that the announcement we have all been waiting for is coming out at 2pm today and its not good. I'm being told WCVI Chnook non retention April till July 14th. Johnson Strait and upper Georgia Strait the same. Lower Georgia Strait and JDF Chinook non retention April until July 31st. Time to go to war guys!!!
What do we have to do?? How do we get around this there has to be a way

Start protesting and tell them you'll never vote Liberal again !

To Hon.Jonathan Wilkinson

I am disappointed with your decision to close the recreational Chinook fishery in B.C.
You have effectively removed a piece of B.C. heritage and impacted thousands of people
and their livelihood's.
If the proper course of action had been taken years ago in restoring and protecting habitat
this situation would be entirely different.
My friends and family, many involved with the recreational fishery will not support the Liberal government
in the next election, nor at any time in the future.
This is a disgrace !

Scott Craven
This is considered beyond a disgrace something that’s not tolerate! As far as I’m concerned it’s just simply not tolerated End of it. deal with it

or the young child held by FC.https://nyulocal.com/new-world-university-justin-trudeau-is-fidel-castros-son-bccf01403a86.

Enough for one or two more runs out Scott !
That’s pretty big water where the places are still open is it not?? you’d want to really decent boat. An 18 footer wouldn’t cut it would it? I have a very large lake boat but it’s not an ocean boat where is the best place to go around there ?? For a small
Boat

Back