So what is everyone else doing this summer?

fishin_magician

Well. Game Over. What is everyone doing all summer until a decent Chinook can be legally retained?

I’m going to Car Shows, Cruise Ins, Road Trips and Concerts since I won’t be getting up at the crack of O dark thirty to be first on the water...

#WTF

Well. Game Over. What is everyone doing all summer until a decent Chinook can be legally retained?

I’m going to Car Shows, Cruise Ins, Road Trips and Concerts since I won’t be getting up at the crack of O dark thirty to be first on the water...

#WTF

World of warcraft so I can continue to be a troll somewhere

I would stock up on square straw bails. DFO is not going to do **** with monitoring the river netting so it will up up to locals to do there part. If you see a net go up stream & start throwing in straw bails.

We will fish for everything else we are fortunate to have in our ocean at our doorstep. When these jack butt government types realize what a mistake they have made Ling's and hallibut will be next on the list. Freshwater fishing will play a bigger role also. Can't imagine what charter guys and lodges etc are going to do?

Honestly, voice my displeasure and renewed dissatisfaction with our federal government. .... then keep fishing catch and release and treat all fish with absolute care (as always). Its non-retention not no fishing (unless Im mistaken), such as many steelhead fisheries.

Im not letting these poor decisions keep me from doing what I love. Personally Im not just out there just for the meat. The time on the water and being out fishing are more important.

That being said.....this is absolute grade A bullsh!t. I would love to hear the rationale behind ditching the hatchery option....

I catch and release trout so why not salmon.
Just to make sure I am not wrong here, we can still fish for salmon, but any Chinook hooked must be released ?

Better to get out and fish and release , than not fish at all.

Anyone know what the limit of those Cod things we get out there is, and how do they taste ?

I would stock up on square straw bails. DFO is not going to do **** with monitoring the river netting so it will up up to locals to do there part. If you see a net go up stream & start throwing in straw bails.

Agree that You will see nets. For that there is no doubt.
I hope all of you who live near and have access to the river film every net and fish being caught you see. Post it everywhere. Legal opening or not.

Time
People see what this is really about.

If any of you think the lower Fraser bands are Going to play along because DFO says so. Give your heads a shake.

I will likely not fish salmon as often, but I will definitely still be
Targeting Chinook and releasing them.

It is the Georgia Strait Ling I feel sorry for. They are going to take a **** kicking.
Halibut Tac is going to go fast as well on the west side.

Oh ya the prawn announcement is still to come too. Another reallocation taken from the public.

Maybe headed to Colombia when work shuts down at the end of June last I was there all kinds of schoolie Yellowfin Tuna and Bonitos on light tackle-and they love Salmon jigs!

BonitoNuqui.jpg

Oh Yeah my August Nootka trip is still on good thing I didn't book Port Hardy!

Back