SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Bettman will never allow the cup to go above the 49th parallel.
Gotta earn the cup. It goes to wherever the best playoff hockey gets played. Hasn't really been a lot of contenders in Canada for a long time. The only path for Toronto is that they somehow find a way to beat Boston, and Tampa is eliminated before the Leafs have to play them. Calgary stands the best chance this year to bring the cup home.

Jets taking it to St..Louis 3-1. Big time tough hockey out there. Need to continue to burst Billington's bubble so EP40 can at least win the Calder.

Jets taking it to St..Louis 3-1. Big time tough hockey out there. Need to continue to burst Billington's bubble so EP40 can at least win the Calder.
From what I understand the votes are already in for all categories

Playoffs don't account for the Calder. The Conn Smythe trophy is the only trophy other than the Stanley Cup up for grabs in the playoffs.

I don’t know what to make of this playoff season?!
Tampa and Pittsburgh getting thrashed, Toronto keeling up with Bonston? The blues?!

It’s anyone’s game!

I wouldn’t count Tampa out yet...

Gotta earn the cup. It goes to wherever the best playoff hockey gets played. Hasn't really been a lot of contenders in Canada for a long time. The only path for Toronto is that they somehow find a way to beat Boston, and Tampa is eliminated before the Leafs have to play them. Calgary stands the best chance this year to bring the cup home.
Flames are down 2-1 to Avs ,Nathan McKinnon is the beast. Don't think its going to happen for the flames this year,but I also picked Tampa and Dallas??

I like your attitude.

Flames are down 2-1 to Avs ,Nathan McKinnon is the beast. Don't think its going to happen for the flames this year,but I also picked Tampa and Dallas??
Smith did what Smith does, he's either standing on his head or he stinks. Goaltending has been a concern for Calgary this year, that has been well documented. That said, I think Smith should have been pulled after the forth goal and Rittich given a chance to get warmed up and ready to play. That has been one key to Calgary's success this year. Giving up already? The series is 2-1 for Colorado. Hardly over yet. If it was 3-0, yep, I'd be concerned. It is time for Calgary's number one line to wake up though. That's part of earning the cup.

I watched the Leafs game last night. I thought they played a much better game without Kadri. I'm not a fan of Kadri, never have been, but when he's on his game, he's very effective. I just don't care for his undisciplined style of play. That's been his achilles heel throughout his career.
I've been following the Tampa series closely too. I'm quite impressed with how Columbus has really thrown Tampa off their game. Torterella has his team fired up and playing great hockey.

Smith did what Smith does, he's either standing on his head or he stinks. Goaltending has been a concern for Calgary this year, that has been well documented. That said, I think Smith should have been pulled after the forth goal and Rittich given a chance to get warmed up and ready to play. That has been one key to Calgary's success this year. Giving up already? The series is 2-1 for Colorado. Hardly over yet. If it was 3-0, yep, I'd be concerned. It is time for Calgary's number one line to wake up though. That's part of earning the cup.
I can't say ,the Flames have payed me not to comment on any more of their games, they said something about jinx ,bad karma??

This thread will die till next year, the Leafs are out so nobody to pick on :) Hope the Nocups haven't taken all the good tee times :D Off to the cabin next week, but first must go to Sooke for DFO, SRKW meeting/******** gathering :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back