2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dislike. That sucks. Podding it?

Hahaha me too. Yep over been thinking about it for a while now. Time is right so now I have runway to the fall to choose new power and right now its between a Merc v8 verado 350 or the duo prpp from Suzuki. Likely the verado as the Suzuki dealers are not plentiful in my area it seems. Nice to hear the Commander is treating you all well!

Hahaha me too. Yep over been thinking about it for a while now. Time is right so now I have runway to the fall to choose new power and right now its between a Merc v8 verado 350 or the duo prpp from Suzuki. Likely the verado as the Suzuki dealers are not plentiful in my area it seems. Nice to hear the Commander is treating you all well!
Wellllll it's had its issues already and the smoke is driving my wife nuts but I'm loving the fuel savings and new "office space". Definently feels like a condo on the water.

I'm very curious to hear your opinion on those diesels after you've owned them for a couple of years Rain City. Mainly in regards to the exhaust smell issue plus just how the diesel economy thing works out compared to maintenance and repairs on VOLVO diesels!
I know how stupid expensive parts are on a 270 Volvo Penta leg.
I've had many a debate about the whole diesel versus gasoline engine issue.

I'm very curious to hear your opinion on those diesels after you've owned them for a couple of years Rain City. Mainly in regards to the exhaust smell issue plus just how the diesel economy thing works out compared to maintenance and repairs on VOLVO diesels!
I know how stupid expensive parts are on a 270 Volvo Penta leg.
I've had many a debate about the whole diesel versus gasoline engine issue.
I had the same concerns as well. This boat had new (2016 I think) drives installed which was a must for me. The reason I ended up spending way more than I wanted to get this one verses the 86 that was for sale. I think it's a way bigger issue/bonus when you get into heavier boats. With the diesels I don't have to think about weight, water, gear or keeping things on board as much as I would with gas. Big plus for me and my wife, we love storage lol. Then there's the fact that if I had the option to repower with a pod I am the kind of guy to go bigger and once I have it I'm also the kind of guy to use it. This is sort of a restraint system for me which my wife prefers lol. 35-ish max and 25 cruise (burning less than my single 5.0L on the bayliner) is good enough for me. All that said if I keep this boat for 10 plus years and the motors decide to quit I might be torn about which way to go. The smoke sucks.

That wouldn't have been me R.C. I came out of the North Arm and hung a left and dropped my traps in 30 feet of water.

I'm in a 70's vintage 18.5 foot Double Eagle with that classic avacado colored deck and a green soft top.
I think I saw you guys out there yesterday. I puttered around the arm looking for a spot to drop my traps and the conditions were kinda savage so I turned back in...

Nice to hear of all the luck out there , my friend is out with a guide , they limited out 4 guys. Sorry no details till later when he gets home

lots if fish in the morning around RC. Slowed down in the afternoon. 90 to 130. Almost anything worked in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back