2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give it to you chromie. Got out there late around 11:30 after putting some crab traps down. Tried to make it to the QA. Motored out at 7 to 8 knots through 3 and 4 footers. Turned around and went home. Forecast said it was supposed to calm down to light winds around noon!
Goddamed Madryga!

I'll give it to you chromie. Got out there late around 11:30 after putting some crab traps down. Tried to make it to the QA. Motored out at 7 to 8 knots through 3 and 4 footers. Turned around and went home. Forecast said it was supposed to calm down to light winds around noon!
Goddamed Madryga!
I saw you! You're nuts!!! Lol. I made one pass at the bell and turned the eff around.

On a side note do you always drop traps way out in 150 feet right in the middle of where guys are fishing? Not trying to be an asshole just wondering if that's such a good spot.

NUTS ..That commander your rockin RC should be rock steady...our are you
Waiting to have the seagyro installed..
For the family....or course.
How are you ever going to make the crossing...:eek:

NUTS ..That commander your rockin RC should be rock steady...our are you
Waiting to have the seagyro installed..
For the family....or course.
How are you ever going to make the crossing...:eek:
Yeah no it's fine I rather enjoy it in those conditions. I think the impeller is toast on the kicker so I was running one of the mains which fishes way too fast unless I'm straight into the wind but then that gets pretty laborious trying to maintain a course. When it comes to traveling it's 25 knots hard through that ****, no problemo. His boat looked like it was getting damn near swamped in those 4 footers.

That wouldn't have been me R.C. I came out of the North Arm and hung a left and dropped my traps in 30 feet of water.

I'm in a 70's vintage 18.5 foot Double Eagle with that classic avacado colored deck and a green soft top.

That wouldn't have been me R.C. I came out of the North Arm and hung a left and dropped my traps in 30 feet of water.

I'm in a 70's vintage 18.5 foot Double Eagle with that classic avacado colored deck and a green soft top.
Oh yeah definitely not you then.

10/10 Salty Alices do not recommend working South Bowen right now. Got there around 7:45 but it got real lumpy and conflicted; like my body after a big night at the pub with too many nachos. Trying QA now where the seas are less feisty.

Nice work, boys I got to spend the last 2 days fighting a power steering pump, bracket and now a new alternator. If anyone wants to buy a Volvo 320 hp gxi with a new dp leg in 2016 this **** is coming out in the fall. Meanwhile hope to push off early this week finally!

Last edited:
Nice work, boys I got to spend the last 2 days fighting a power steering pump, bracket and now a new alternator. If anyone wants to buy a Volvo 320 hp gxi with a new dp leg in 2016 this **** is coming out in the fall Meanwhile hope to push off early this week finally!
Dislike. That sucks. Podding it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back