toquart lk

Fish Camp

just spent a couple days at toquart lk.first trip on the lake.counted 19 steelies at all parts of the lk. no cutties.PICT0043.JPG

It was my first and second time time on the lake .Rugged steep water access.fishing for us was on the electric motor trolling very slow at the several creek mouths .Standing up sight casting to the shallows, with leach pattern spoons and spinners.I have never heard of any fishing reports ever from toquart lk.

Hey Fish Camp. It is nice to see pictures and stories about fishing steelhead!

Just a warning. If MOE guys know of anyone having a good day of steelhead fishing anywhere and feel there is threat to building pressure on the said population of fish they will quickly close it to fishing. If I were you I would quickly delete your two threads naming this place. Loose lips sink ships and get rivers closed to fishing. Don't mean to be a ***** but know very well how these things happen. If you enjoy fishing there keep er quiet! Tight lines;-]

Hey Fish Camp. It is nice to see pictures and stories about fishing steelhead!

Just a warning. If MOE guys know of anyone having a good day of steelhead fishing anywhere and feel there is threat to building pressure on the said population of fish they will quickly close it to fishing. If I were you I would quickly delete your two threads naming this place. Loose lips sink ships and get rivers closed to fishing. Don't mean to be a ***** but know very well how these things happen. If you enjoy fishing there keep er quiet! Tight lines;-]
Then is why is the comox lk wolf lk muchlat lk maple lk regs changed on van isle.I just had a dream in mind simulare to Hagar while visiting salmon beach for 18 years.next its little toquart of the bucket list.(float the canoe up the creek from the bridge to the lake ,in waders).

Then is why is the comox lk wolf lk muchlat lk maple lk regs changed on van isle.I just had a dream in mind simulare to Hagar while visiting salmon beach for 18 years.next its little toquart of the bucket list.(float the canoe up the creek from the bridge to the lake ,in waders).
I wish the fishing of your dreams in all those areas. I was just sharing a concern many other anglers also have. It is not you fishing the lakes that would have any negative impact on the fish population it is the advertisement of "steelhead" being caught which rings in the ears of MOE regulators. They look for any possible reason to close a stream or lake to fishing. They could use these threads to write up a proposal stating, "The newly grown population of outdoor recreation enthusiasts at Salmon Beach has increased fishing pressure on the fragile steelhead population of the #$%^&t river. It is the MOE's directive to protect one of the few remaining populations left on V.I. and it is proposed to eliminate fishing in the brood holding area of #$%^&*t lake." Nothing against you fishing there but that's how MOE rolls. I know all the fishing in the world isn't what causes depressed s/h populations but MOE is not scientific and they believe ANY fishing for s/h is bad. Unless they are doing them selves that is. So that's all I mean.

Little T is a nice lake. Very pristine. The fish are numerous but small. There is a falls down below the bridge about 100 yards which restricts anadromous fish from reaching the lake. Have fun there!!

Back