What's for dinner tonight ?

KLPFyHv.jpg

1iBftJN.jpg

A really good tip when boiling crab is to squirt just a little olive or canola oil in the pot on top of the water. The clean up is really easy after doing this. No more stuck on crab scum to fight.

I never boil crabs. Lose too much flavor when doing so IMHO.
Rather I gently steam them for around 8 or 9 minutes.
Often add a little bear grease to the steam water for just what you suggested.
And generally toss a little garlic and lemon into the steam juice too...

IvFkJZR.jpg

Cheers,
Nog

Alright,, what did you do wrong that your doing the big suck up to mama there Nog lol.

Having trouble posting pictures right now for some reason, but smoked a 14 lb prime rib yesterday for about 5 hours at 225 over cherry , took off when internal temp was 120 and wrapped the **** out of it in Saran Wrap and let sit for a hour and a half like you would with brisket. Cut Saran off and blasted it at 550 for 5 mins in the oven to crisp. Was one of the best slabs of meat I’ve ever had , the wrapping in Saran made it out of this world juicy . Will try and post pictures again tonight

I think I was on the dinner plate for a while, Cat in the yard at the pond. Kids took picture through the window.

It all started in a rush as I came home from work, I grabbed my tools and rushed off to VIC to put IKEA furniture together for my oldest daughter
(NOW THATS STRESS), I was kinda told there was a cat in the yard in which I replied that's nice AS I LEFT OUT THE DOORcoug 1.JPG

Did I tell you I hate putting ikea stuff together, anyways its late as I head home arriving about 0930 , open the door and took the dog out for a pee, walking around the front of the house I see eye ball in the flash lite hmm that's weird the dog is behind me, then I remembered the earlier story about the Cat , felt the sinking feeling literally , yelling at the dog to come , that didn't happen as she (golden Retev) also seen the eyes made a dash as the cougar ran und up the tree with in 10 feet of me. cat2.jpeg

the next morning I woke up to go to work I reached into my pockets for the truck keys and there was cat food in my pockets which my daughters had inserted, now was this to feed the cat or to attract the cat to me hmmm

the next morning I woke up to go to work I reached into my pockets for the truck keys and there was cat food in my pockets which my daughters had inserted, now was this to feed the cat or to attract the cat to me hmmm
Rolled in flour, fried with salt and pepper its not bad.

Bacon Wrapped Whitetail Backstrap, Mushroom Roasted Taters & Spare Gooses
w6cwUfs.jpg

Cheers!
Nog

Is that those teflon bbq grill mats? Do they work well? I've seen them before but never used them. I don't like the idea of cooking food on plastic over a flame. Just seems like a cancer causing nightmare.

Is that those teflon bbq grill mats? Do they work well? I've seen them before but never used them. I don't like the idea of cooking food on plastic over a flame. Just seems like a cancer causing nightmare.

Nope, certainly not Teflon. This is a relatively newish product from Cookina. Material is inert, no residue.
They work VERY well, we even drag them along for remote hunting camp use.
I have three here at the house and several in the camping kit.
VERY much like them, and have zero fear of cancer or other concerns with them.

Here's the link: https://cookina.co/products/cookina-barbecue/

Cheers,
Nog

Nope, certainly not Teflon. This is a relatively newish product from Cookina. Material is inert, no residue.

Cheers,
Nog
Interesting. I might have to try them out. Just so you know, they are listed as PTFE which is the generic name for Teflon (which is a brand). Probably not much to be worried about because Teflon is used for cooking all the time.

Cheers,
Nog
they are made of PTFE which is teflon, however it is perfectly safe as all teflon pans are that were made after 2013.
from the website
Additional information
  • 15.75 IN X 19.68 IN (2.15 SQ. FT.)
  • Made for high-temperature cooking, up to 550°F (288°C).
  • Reduces ACRYLAMIDE on food. PTFE is a neutral material also implemented in the human body in various surgeries
this is what ptfe is
Nonstick cookware, such as frypans and saucepans, has been coated with a material called polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), commonly known as Teflon.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/nonstick-cookware-safety

Back