2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy the wind sure blew up around 2 p.m. . Managed one more before hightailing it back!
Great report ... Were both fish out at the Bell and beyond?

Was just down checking on the boat and it (or I) sure wanted to head out for a couple hours. Tomorrow looks better so it will wait for a day.

Ran into a lot of fish out by the QA today including a tripleheader and a doubleheader in succession. Most of the fish were just under or just oversized and the largest was low teens. Fish were between 100 ft and 120 ft on spoons with a few anchovies thrown in to see if something larger would bite. The fish that were kept were stuffed with +/- 4.5 inch bait.

Last edited:
I have a bit of a beef with some of the members who frequent this forum....I know who you are because I see your Instagram and I see your Facebook posts.

This happens every year around this time for a couple of weeks off South Bowen and in Vancouver area waters.

1. So you caught a fish....if it is undersize, let it go and do not bring it on board and let it flop around in the net and on the floor and take a pic or few. If you do not know how to judge it....it has to be more than twice the length of your flasher.
2. There are a TON of undersized fish out there...EITHER fish selectively or release them boat side. There is a good mass of legal fish too....when you get on them. Otherwise perhaps MOVE.
3. If you do not know how to fish selectively... ask the board how and figure it out. Try it sometime.
4. Keep this sh*t up and we will wind up only fishing certain days of the week FFS!!!!

End of rant..and no I am not jealous. Before you start with the smart butt retorts....I have news for you..I can forward your Facebook and Instagram posts to DFO if you like or better yet, show up at the cleaning tables and take pics of your undersize kills and then forward it to DFO.

This is more than one person..I am talking about many of you.

Pathetic.

Good thing I typically only post pics of monsters. Oh wait, is that better or worse?

I did see something yesterday that made me a little upset as well. A guy had his gf/wife net a fish and then he ran up and started steering the boat away from us and another boat in the area while she sat there on the swim grid holding a fish in the net for what seemed like minutes. The fish looked to be of legal size but hard to say. Like to think that everyone here would put the fish out of its misery as fast as possible. Stop the boat and bonk the fish. If I had to guess it was a borderline fish and the guy wanted to get out of site before bonking it.

I have a bit of a beef with some of the members who frequent this forum....I know who you are because I see your Instagram and I see your Facebook posts.

This happens every year around this time for a couple of weeks off South Bowen and in Vancouver area waters.

1. So you caught a fish....if it is undersize, let it go and do not bring it on board and let it flop around in the net and on the floor and take a pic or few. If you do not know how to judge it....it has to be more than twice the length of your flasher.
2. There are a TON of undersized fish out there...EITHER fish selectively or release them boat side. There is a good mass of legal fish too....when you get on them. Otherwise perhaps MOVE.
3. If you do not know how to fish selectively... ask the board how and figure it out. Try it sometime.
4. Keep this sh*t up and we will wind up only fishing certain days of the week FFS!!!!

End of rant..and no I am not jealous. Before you start with the smart butt retorts....I have news for you..I can forward your Facebook and Instagram posts to DFO if you like or better yet, show up at the cleaning tables and take pics of your undersize kills and then forward it to DFO.

Pathetic.

Would love to see the pics of the undersize kills to see who’s doin it.

DFO posts who they convict. Why don’t you?

Last edited:

Pathetic.
Who made you ****** boss. Maybe more constructive criticism would be more effective. Go fish instead of creeping peoples facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back