2019 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a couple laps of the flats this am for a change of scenery thinking there'd be some fish around but only found 1. A couple shakers and that was it. Irish Cream coho killer down on bottom near Brodie Rock.

Tried for halibut for the first time in Victoria after several fruitless attempts in Sidney. Pulled up a dogfish, 20lb skate and finally a 20lb Hali...based on recent reports of hali fishing in the Victoria area I'm OK to call it beginners luck. Weather was perfect!

Constance area...

Hit the flats this morning as well. If it’s not crab traps it’s fog! I almost bailed like Mozart but stuck it out. Started to clear just before 10.
Scope was pretty barren until I came across some bait between the tips trial and Brodie rock in 130 feet of water. First pass lost a screemer. Second pass got this 5#er. Right on bottom. Nothing doing after that.

Attachments

• 0C3261AE-D5FC-4032-AEEC-3F23E4EAF06B.jpeg
    0C3261AE-D5FC-4032-AEEC-3F23E4EAF06B.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 66
went for halis today no luck from the fishing gods today!!!! border bank / also for what ever reason our lines kept getting tangled ??? any body have an answer never really happens but was a real problem today

Last edited:
Constance got 1 40lb hali had 2 other good hits didint stick them tho. Had a fellow anchor 100 yards from me today lol he blamed the fog

First hali trip of the year with 3 good friends, perfect tides, perfect weather and wouldn't you know it - perfect fishing. 4 halis from 10-12 at our super secret spot near race. Can't beat it and I am very happy the halis are back this year. Nothing big, all around 20#. Finished off with a 5-6 lb spring.

First hali trip of the year with 3 good friends, perfect tides, perfect weather and wouldn't you know it - perfect fishing. 4 halis from 10-12 at our super secret spot near race. Can't beat it and I am very happy the halis are back this year. Nothing big, all around 20#. Finished off with a 5-6 lb spring.
Constance got 1 40lb hali had 2 other good hits didint stick them tho. Had a fellow anchor 100 yards from me today lol he blamed the fog
Gentlemen, both of these reports warrant a photo please and thank you!

Great trip, especially when most of us fishing off the same area you are fishing off the Race are having a hard time finding them!
No need to tell us where your "secret spot" is, but would be nice to know how deep and what was the lure, or are they secret too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back