SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we were in it until after the anthem. LOL.
Only a handful of teams below the Nucks for the draft lotto. Nobody will catch Ottawa for the title of the worst though. They have definitely lived up to my prediction (most people’s prediction) from the beginning of the season.
The leafs held on to keep their overall record at a respectable 2 to 1 win ratio.
Man, those lightning are good though at only 13 losses! Some would say they’re too good!!

Is it just me or does jim benning look like one of the penguins from my daughters show the penguins of Madagascar lol

Attachments

• skipper_hero.jpg
    skipper_hero.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 13
  • JIM BENNING.jpg
    JIM BENNING.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 13
Only a handful of teams below the Nucks for the draft lotto. Nobody will catch Ottawa for the title of the worst though. They have definitely lived up to my prediction (most people’s prediction) from the beginning of the season.
The leafs held on to keep their overall record at a respectable 2 to 1 win ratio.
Man, those lightning are good though at only 13 losses! Some would say they’re too good!!
Thinking about $100 :D

The lightning will run away from the conference cup this year. then the team will get greedy for contacts and will fall apart by year 3. That’s my only hope!

In the midst of a dismal season there are always a few good moments. Beating Toronto counts as one. The Second City boys looked great ... for a period and a half.

Now that Gudbransen is gone, maybe Benning will take Seabrook.

It’s that time of year again!

Attachments

• 1272F46D-01AE-4009-A9F0-24263C0A7B51.jpeg
    1272F46D-01AE-4009-A9F0-24263C0A7B51.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 30
Canucks aren't going anywhere anytime soon except the golf course until they get their defence overhauled. 3 AHL defenceman and Tanev going down early showed miserably this evening. Team let Markstrom down again. Questioning the teams structure and that's on the coaches.

Season is still a write off but Crawford making 48 saves to shut out les Habitants sure made me happy. When you have no D, you get your jollies where you can. Monday is the Canucks. Given that neither team should be in the playoffs and there will be no defense evident, figure 5-3 for somebody?

You catch the Leafs game tonight @Stizzla ?

Are they trying to drop down to avoid the Bruins in the first round?

I didn’t see it, but I can imagine!

The playoffs will be interesting with a lot of teams with potential to do some damage, but I don’t think anyone is stopping Tampa!

Canuck's annual spring "win a bunch of meaningless games" streak looks to be in full swing. Just in time to move them 5 or 6 spots down in the draft order.

Canuck's annual spring "win a bunch of meaningless games" streak looks to be in full swing. Just in time to move them 5 or 6 spots down in the draft order.
Yah typical for sure but hopefully the hockey gods will reward us with a 2019 stud similar to last year when we picked up Quinn Hughes whom I am hoping is a stud. Still need a top 3 pick in my opinion to be successful next year.
Qttawa it's just a shame and playing with 5 defencemen tonight isn't helping. Lots of room out there for the Canucks.

Was at the Canucks, Flames game last night with great seats after a 10 year hiatus and I must say the packed arena was electric as the fan base was rocking. All kinds of good vibes and was highly entertaining. Vancouver so needing a winner. Flames are a slick well balanced team and I felt the Canucks held their own as best they could as Markstrom, BB6, EP40 and Stetcher played their hearts out. Not sure what Virtanen was doing on his bonehead flyby that led to the killer 3rd Flames goal? Up to then he played well. On to the lottery I guess.

Was at the Canucks, Flames game last night with great seats after a 10 year hiatus and I must say the packed arena was electric as the fan base was rocking. All kinds of good vibes and was highly entertaining. Vancouver so needing a winner. Flames are a slick well balanced team and I felt the Canucks held their own as best they could as Markstrom, BB6, EP40 and Stetcher played their hearts out. Not sure what Virtanen was doing on his bonehead flyby that led to the killer 3rd Flames goal? Up to then he played well. On to the lottery I guess.
Doubtful the Canucks will be part of the lottery. You saw a different game than I did. The Flames clearly outplayed the Canucks in the first period. I call the second period even, and then the Canucks decided to turn it up in the last ten minutes of the third. They just don't look like a team hungry for the playoffs. I don't see a future for Virtanen with the Canucks. I just don't think he's a smart player. Markstrom played well, although he did let in a soft goal. Canucks were beat by Calgary's fourth line. Lots of work left to do in rebuilding the Canucks. You're not going far when your best scorer only has 64 points at this stage of the season.

Doubtful the Canucks will be part of the lottery. You saw a different game than I did. The Flames clearly outplayed the Canucks in the first period. I call the second period even, and then the Canucks decided to turn it up in the last ten minutes of the third. They just don't look like a team hungry for the playoffs. I don't see a future for Virtanen with the Canucks. I just don't think he's a smart player. Markstrom played well, although he did let in a soft goal. Canucks were beat by Calgary's fourth line. Lots of work left to do in rebuilding the Canucks. You're not going far when your best scorer only has 64 points at this stage of the season.

Virtanen's whole career in junior and the NHL is about taking stupid penalties, and lazy plays. They shipped the wrong guy off to Florida when they traded for the human pylon Gubrandson. Should have been Virtanen instead of McCann (who is going to score over 20 goals this year) and actually looks like an NHL player. The team can't make bad draft decisions like Virtanen and Juelovi over guys like Ehlers and Keith Tkachuk and expect to be a top tier team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back