2019 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was Saturday in front of Sechelt. While Horseshoe Bay was getting pounded, the water here was decent and a few sunny breaks.

Sunday was a different story.
. Saturday was nice here but Sunday wasn’t. 602 works great for me to nice fish.

Heading to Secret Cove end of March, will have 22' Hewes craft, best bet for fish within 30 mins (kids) either salmon or bottom, any prawns near? (Not expecting any locations, just is it worth trying some spots)
Lastly, why are charts around Thormanby so bad on Navionics, anyone else find this?

Actually I find my navionocs charts pretty great around thormanby however that area is like a second home so I don't look at my charts too often around South Texada or Thormanby to be honest. Definitely have your charts handy and review before heading out as there are some nasty reefs on approach to Buccaneer Bay and long sand bars etc.

Make sure you're aware of areas closed for rock fish Sounds like you're heading for salmon so a great place to start would be Epsom Point. Watch for westerly winds and if they're blowing then you can check out bejjore shoal and the entrance to pender harbor.

Where are you going to put the boat in? There is a free public launch at Coopers Green in Halfmoon Bay and fuel / bait at Secret Cove or Buccaneer Bay marinas both located in Secret Cove

My favourite areas are around the southern tip of Texada island and spend as much time in that area from April to late summer as I can.

Good luck!

Actually I find my navionocs charts pretty great around thormanby however that area is like a second home so I don't look at my charts too often around South Texada or Thormanby to be honest. Definitely have your charts handy and review before heading out as there are some nasty reefs on approach to Buccaneer Bay and long sand bars etc.

Make sure you're aware of areas closed for rock fish Sounds like you're heading for salmon so a great place to start would be Epsom Point. Watch for westerly winds and if they're blowing then you can check out bejjore shoal and the entrance to pender harbor.

Where are you going to put the boat in? There is a free public launch at Coopers Green in Halfmoon Bay and fuel / bait at Secret Cove or Buccaneer Bay marinas both located in Secret Cove

My favourite areas are around the southern tip of Texada island and spend as much time in that area from April to late summer as I can.

Good luck!
Great tips! try upwood too

I've so far managed to miss it as it is marked on my garmin main GPS fish finder. But I have made multiple donations off the light house to south Thormanby. There's a super sweet tight line to shore bit twice when I've been solo with a fish on the other side I made donations

Cheers guys.

Thanks all for the tips, anywhere around Thormanby for bottom fish?

Ab1752, as for launching I'm actually towing my Hewescraft up behind a bigger boat from Van.

Ab1752, as for launching I'm actually towing my Hewescraft up behind a bigger boat from Van.

Sweet saves a few bucks on fuel. I will be in the area last week in March before the regs change April 1 provided the winds aren't howling since I will run up from town.

Enjoy your trip, it's an amazing part of the Straits with plenty of easily accessible areas to chase fish.

Best part of this area is you can fish everywhere and catch fish, bottom or salmon. Study your charts and follow your instincts to glory!

Welcome pass is a giant RCA so watch for that, there's another along the shoreline parallel to Bjerre as well, check out the regs and you'll be all good.

Have a great trip, look forward to your report :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back