Nootka sound

Brett83

Hey I wanted to fishing in Nootka sound this summer. Can anyone recommend a good time to go. Ie, when are the spring running?

Depends what kind of boat you have. Outside waters are good May onwards if you can get out there to fish. A bit of a run, but it’s great out there. Either at Bajo reef if it’s open or further out to the highway. Inside Nootka sound is calm and can be good 2nd week of July to 2nd week of August. But read the archived fishing reports to see how spotty it can be. Esperanza and offshore there was the place to be last year. Who knows this year. I still go fish the inside of Nootka every year cause it’s calm, close and great for kids.

Twinstrike is correct...are last 2 seasonal trips at the end of July we are running around to Esperanza side to get some pretty great fishing :)

Last two weeks of July as fish will be plentiful both on the inside and the outside. I’ve always found the 23rd to 30th to be about as good as it gets.

Thats great to hear you say that Profisher because we just booked a slip for 5 days at Moutcha Bay Resort the third week of July this year

anyone have a rough guess how long a ride it it from Tahsis inlet Nootka side ( coopte) to say...Rosa?
my boat comfortably and cheaply runs at about 35mph

anyone have a rough guess how long a ride it it from Tahsis inlet Nootka side ( coopte) to say...Rosa?
my boat comfortably and cheaply runs at about 35mph

From Critter Cove to Rosa is 60 minutes at 30-35 mph range. From Coopte to Rosa I'd knock off 10-15 minutes. Great run in the morning. You'll normally never see calmer water anywhere.

From Critter Cove to Rosa is 60 minutes at 30-35 mph range. From Coopte to Rosa I'd knock off 10-15 minutes. Great run in the morning. You'll normally never see calmer water anywhere.

Thanks. i’ve seen you a couple times up the inlet. nice boat. i believe i’m heading to nootka earlier than i normally do so i wanna try up there before the usual Ferrer closure.

Back