Sport Fishing Advisory Board Chair (SFAC) - Area 17 Spring Meeting March 5th 7-9pm

SpringVelocity

Crew Member
IMPORTANT MEETING FOR ALL AREA 17 ANGLERS

We urge everyone to attend this meeting if you are concerned with your recreational fishery this year.

Some topics included:

1. Possible prawn daily harvest limits reduced by 50%, or other restrictions this season.

2. Chinook Salmon Fishing Reductions or Closures within the Georgia Straight fishery, and other areas.

3. New Halibut regulations for 2019.

Please also like and follow our FACEBOOK PAGE https://www.facebook.com/NanaimoSFAC/

Meeting will be held March 5th at the Nanaimo Fish and Game Association from 7pm -9pm

Address: 1325 Nanaimo Lakes Rd, Nanaimo, BC V9X 1X8

sfab meeting.JPG

I would like to see a good turn out this meeting. Please pass this around to your friends. Out of all the meetings this is probably the most important,so we can engage directly with all of you face to face.

I can't stress enough how it important it is to get all the information, so it isn't a surprise after April.

We also need your input on these issues are facing, and we can't do just do that on forum boards or in the shadows. In Nanaimo alone there are so many anglers impacted by these changes coming up, and it concerns us how many are just not taking it seriously.

We will continue to broadcast over social media to advertise our meeting.

Please show up and see you there!

Just a bump to the top. So who is coming from the forum this time??

Just to note I am extremely encouraged by the amount of traffic we now are having on our Facebook page so far, but have long way too go. We are just starting to to build the number of followers. If you haven't followed us on Facebook make sure you do. We will post regular updates on there as they come available. I hope to see some new faces there. Here is the Facebook page please make sure you like, follow and share with your friends. Link is below:

https://www.facebook.com/NanaimoSFAC/

Should be there. While I think in grand schemes sfab has little influence. Saw first hand how going to meetings can make a difference this fall and putting ideas forward.

Here is the agenda for tonight, and a copy of our last meeting from the fall.

Attachments

• SFAC Area 17 Agenda for March 5th, 2019 Meeting.pdf
    204.6 KB · Views: 17
  • SFAC Area 17 Nanaimo minutes 10-25-2018 -Final Copy.pdf
    354.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Thanks everyone. For a Nanaimo meeting that was very well attended probably best I have seen there for a few years. We had 50 people in total. It is nice to see anglers showing up, and getting engaged again.

We will post up notes as soon as we can.

53544651_2298028660521070_7574922172280340480_o.jpg 54228772_2298028677187735_3367832415417401344_o.jpg

How did it go with lots of people? were you able to progress though topics?

Just want to clear up something. There has been some inaccurate information circulating across the Vancouver Island Fishing, and Vancouver Island Hunting and Fishing Facebook pages. To repeat again "THERE HAS BEEN NO DECISION YET ON CHINOOK SALMON MEASURES". The SFAB along with others are negotiating with DFO right now. There is no 9 year moratorium on chinook fishing, and that was never mentioned at our meeting.

We have put up our response yesterday on our Facebook page.

upload_2019-3-7_9-21-42.png

Back