Stamp River

chinnok

Fished the stamp this week, 2 half days from shore, nothing. Two full days in a jet boat, 2 kelts and 1 summer run, what a disappointment!! The river seams dead and apparently it's been like that all of January!!

It's been dead for winters the last few years. This year reports are actually better than the last couple years. You just need to be at the bluff. It is the winter steelheads favorite spot in the river. Usually when that spot gets crowded with fish is when the other areas start to hold fish more consistently. I would doubt the run is over 100 winters yet. My last day in the boat up to the falls I seen very few where there used to be lots.

And yet the Murphy’s are still booking anglers for winter runs. I wonder how long that will continue?

Fished the stamp this week, 2 half days from shore, nothing. Two full days in a jet boat, 2 kelts and 1 summer run, what a disappointment!! The river seams dead and apparently it's been like that all of January!!
best to go on foot and fish the usual spots. the jet boat guys are doing lousy right now.

I was out looking for ecology in the Stamp a few days back. There is some improvements! Not a lot of biomass yet but starting to get better. To bad the Stamp with all its pristine habitat still doesn't have half the ecology of the Cous creek which apparently was ruined from logging.

Not uncommon to put multiple days on a river without return when fishing for steelhead these days its not a slayfest like it once was, this goes for many rivers on vi.

I was out looking for ecology in the Stamp a few days back. There is some improvements! Not a lot of biomass yet but starting to get better. To bad the Stamp with all its pristine habitat still doesn't have half the ecology of the Cous creek which apparently was ruined from logging.

OK, we get it, is it necessary to hijack EVERY thread with your theories?

As of Sept 08th:

Chinook: 8033 adults and 501 jacks through the Stamp Falls Fishway, and 4 adults and 1 jack through the Sproat Falls Fishway

Coho: 4682 adults and 489 jacks through the Stamp Falls fishway, and 1653 adults and 160 jacks through the Sproat fishway

Time to fire up those jetboats! Hopefully they blast over every single redd this season. Oh! And dont forgot to bonk everything you catch!

That has nothing to do with the Stamp river.
Try to focus and keep this thread on point.
I was at the river 2 days ago and the fishing was slow. All the usual guys there in their favorite spots. Only a handful of chinook caught all morning.
Later Nog.
Pasta

That has nothing to do with the Stamp river.
Try to focus and keep this thread on point.
I was at the river 2 days ago and the fishing was slow. All the usual guys there in their favorite spots. Only a handful of chinook caught all morning.
Later Nog.
Pasta
Your anti guide remarks get annoying

Your anti guide remarks get annoying
I am pro guides! I have never said that I'm against guided trips. In fact, I think they're great. It brings money to small towns and gets people interested in fishing. However, there are sustainable and responsible ways to guide and that's what I fight for. Anyways back to reports, i can only read so much sniveling.
Good luck on the stamp.
Pasta.

Back