2019 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up my ticket yesterday at Gone Fishing in PA. Father-in-law in my boat and the Step father-in-law and his son in another.

Tickets bought a month ago, crew is hot to go!
Last week it was surreal to think that we'd be fishing in 2 more weeks. Be gone, snow!

Am packing my long Johns in the bag for the weekend. Hopefully a bit of sun will warm my old bones this weekend. Looking forward to a Cariboo Sunday at the Nook.

Great weekend out there. Weather awesome, lots of sun. Lots of small fish around and derby winner was close to 18lbs. Lots of boats out. Great start to the year.

Brad and I went over to the nook for the weekend. We just went over to hangout ( boat not ready to go yet . It was a little cold in the mornings Saturday am the book was froze over. You guys place look good . When are you guys heading over cpp ?

Hey guys wondering if you could point me in the right direction, I've never fish halibut this time of year and going to go give it a whirl this weeken. Do I have to go a lot further out this time of year or can I still pick some up in close? Any coordinates would be a great help.
New halibut fishermen here
Thanks in advance

We don’t usually get over to Poett nook till May. But when we go Hali fishing we head off shore , usually 5 mile. I don’t anchor up , we troll for the Hali. Long as the weather and tides behave it’s pretty fishing . we run 20lb downrigger balls to stay close to the bottom keep our speed around 1-1/2 mile hr. I’ve never tried inside ,
Anyways just give it a whirl. And good luck.

We don’t usually get over to Poett nook till May. But when we go Hali fishing we head off shore , usually 5 mile. I don’t anchor up , we troll for the Hali. Long as the weather and tides behave it’s pretty fishing . we run 20lb downrigger balls to stay close to the bottom keep our speed around 1-1/2 mile hr. I’ve never tried inside ,
Anyways just give it a whirl. And good luck.
Halibut should be close following the spawning herring any rock pile near swale might be good look for 300 feet going to 210 should be okay this early John looking at April 1 weather depending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back