SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they manage to dump Goldobin on anyone?

Anyone at all?

Let's start a GROG movement Get Rid Of Goldobin.

Well Dahlen was the guy that asked for the trade so maybe not good buddies with EP40? Who knows what happened there.

Guddy trade is a win for us, not Pitts. We are lucky that Pitts lost 2 D-men recently. I would have taken a bag of pucks for Guddy.
Dahlen I now understand as you mentioned asked for a trade so JB did what he had to. JB in I his press conference said that the younger players today seem to think there is an entitlement without putting in the time. Called JB out as he wasn't being promoted so Benning sent him elsewhere. Learnt his lesson with MCann a few years ago.
I don't know about Guddy but I felt bigger when he was in the lineup. Benning mentioned his style of play in the new NHL limited his effectiveness. Said Pearson is a top 6 forward and the scouts really liked Karlesson's 2 way play.

Last edited:
Pretty good win last night against a weak Ducks team without Getzlaf. I thought Hutton had a real strong game and Schenn didn't look out of place. Goldobin looked motivated and played one of his better games this season. Lots of competition next year on LW so being a RFA for next year it's make it or break it for the young man. Back to Russia otherwise as mentioned by fishtofino.

Last edited:
Big W to get rid of Guddys contract. 4 mill for #6 d man is insane.

It is a win unloading him, but trading for a pylon with terrible possession numbers for a promising young player, and a 2nd rounder was idiotic to start with. So was extending him. At least he is gone, better late than never.

Can’t get over Edler being such a selfish dick to not waive. Leave for 2 months and try to win a cup. Get assets for team you love and come back and resign. Not only that but think abut the fact he didn’t want to compete for a cup. No competitive drive. Not my kind of mentor for young guys.

Marky is playing out of his mind right now. Tanner Pearson looked pretty good and I liked his game but again we will see. Goldy seems to be playing with more confidence recently and Leivo, Toronto I still thank you for the gift.

Looks like the Leafs are starting to turn colours already and it's not even Fall.
Islanders beat up on them 6-1.
As Seinfeld would say "That's a same".
I wouldn't write them off just yet. They're in forth place over all and didn't have that bad of a February, taking 20 out of 30 points. Getting beat up has happened to every team. Losing to the Isles isn't like getting whooped by Florida

Man oh man the Canucks have hit a wall and it looks like EP40 has dried up and BB6 is sliding down the lineup.
Injuries, schedule and lack of a #1 defenceman is taking its toll.
Still overall pleased with the progress this year and a willingness to compete. JB's #1 off season is to upgrade the defence with UFA's and hopefully get a top 5 draft pick.

Flamers are for real ,7 in a row. Got their goals against down in recent weeks,if goaltending holds up they could be a contender.Will see how they handle the leafs on Monday???
My new choice as Canada's team. As for the Leafs not addressing their defensive needs at the trade deadline is going to haunt them in the playoffs.

Man oh man the Canucks have hit a wall and it looks like EP40 has dried up and BB6 is sliding down the lineup.
Injuries, schedule and lack of a #1 defenceman is taking its toll.
Still overall pleased with the progress this year and a willingness to compete. JB's #1 off season is to upgrade the defence with UFA's and hopefully get a top 5 draft pick.
They won't get a top five draft pick. Too many teams below them with nothing driving them. Canucks don't need to rely on a top five draft pick. They need to invest in the off season UFA market and add a few players that know what it takes to be a winner. This year was a rebuilding year for the Canucks. They aren't that far off of being competitive. What they need is the direction of some veteran players with playoff experience to get them over the hump. Adding a second solid goal tender would help too. They really need to work on their powerplay as well.

Nasty performance yesterday in Vegas. Must have done all their fighting at the UFC main event or the Orca forgot an evening meal.
The Canucks have not done well by their noon hour scheduled games this year. The Leafs up next for a 6:00 pm start so not expecting much with all expected hype.By the way the Canucks have 7 noon hour games for 2019 going 2-4 so far and as expected the Leafs 0.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back