SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m surprised everyone is still talking about being able to trade elder. We’re talking about a guy that currently has a concussion, has a no trade clause, doesn’t want to leave Vancouver. It’s not gonna happen. I’m sure he’d rather sign for less next year instead of waive the NTC. Social media/radio is blowing up the possibility of a trade but it just isn’t gonna happen in any world
Tend to agree. Too bad the trade deadline is Monday the 25th rather than the 28th.5 games in 8 days will give JB a clear indication if the Canucks have a playoff opportunity.
With OJ hurt and no indication if he is NHL ready also hinders JB.Quinn, is he ready as well? Next years left defence could be OJ, Hughes and Hutton. Best case scenario, trade Edler at the deadline if he waves, resign in the off season with no no trade clause and trade him next year if the others pan out. Money and term I think will determine that. Who knows with his concussion anyway.

I’m surprised everyone is still talking about being able to trade elder. We’re talking about a guy that currently has a concussion, has a no trade clause, doesn’t want to leave Vancouver. It’s not gonna happen. I’m sure he’d rather sign for less next year instead of waive the NTC. Social media/radio is blowing up the possibility of a trade but it just isn’t gonna happen in any world
Totally agree. Look at it from Edlers point of view. Why would he agree to be traded when he took a bit less money on the contract for the ntc? He has repeatedly said he wants to stay in Vancouver. The concussion makes it a no brainer. I think Tanev and Sutter were better candidates before they got hurt.

Well the Canucks should think about getting their putters ready. No excuse no matter who's is in or out with a home game being outshot 20-4 in the 3rd. Tuff to watch!
Feel for Markstrom.

Last edited:
Well the Canucks should think about getting their putters ready. No excuse no matter who's is in or out with a home game being outshot 20-4 in the 3rd. Tuff to watch!
Feel for Markstrom.
They are who the true experts said they were. Bottom feeders that the coach was able to coax some decent play before they got lots of injuries

McDavid gets a 2 game suspension on his illegal hit to the head of Islanders
Leddy. How can this possible help the Canucks in the race to the bottom?
Gutsy call by the DOPS.

Props to Kucherov. That guy is scoring on a pace that hasn’t been done in 20-25 years. If it’s okay with @Fishtofino id like to change my team from the leafs to the lightning?!

Props to Kucherov. That guy is scoring on a pace that hasn’t been done in 20-25 years. If it’s okay with @Fishtofino id like to change my team from the leafs to the lightning?!
Ha Ha! I would have never made that bet. They have a championship defense and goal tending unlike “Canada’s team” which has great offensive skills

Another tough loss. Played well enough in the first two periods but no puck luck against a strong Islander team.
I thought Goldy had a strong game tonight. Hopefully he can learn from this and continue to improve.
With the number of injured players, opponents are keying on EP40 and everyone else has dried up.

There are some teams that will relish the role of spoiler in the next twenty games. The Rangers, Chicago ( they just may make it into a wild card), Florida and Arizona. Tomorrows trade deadline should be interesting. Looking to see how the Leafs will approach dumping some cap to get Marner signed. Nylander hasn't lived up to his big contract. Some good trade bait right there.

There are some teams that will relish the role of spoiler in the next twenty games. The Rangers, Chicago ( they just may make it into a wild card), Florida and Arizona. Tomorrows trade deadline should be interesting. Looking to see how the Leafs will approach dumping some cap to get Marner signed. Nylander hasn't lived up to his big contract. Some good trade bait right there.
I’d like to see the Canucks take Kapanen off their hands

Vancouver has all kinds of cap space to play with to bring some experience and maturity to the team on trade deadline day. By not making some substantial moves will tell you just how committed they are to a constructive rebuild. They can gain more on Monday than they ever will by getting a top 5 draft pick. They will be low enough at this pace in the standing that they will have good players to pick from in the draft.

who would you have them going after..just wondering.. if they hold off tell summer and free agents i feel they would may have a better crack at some good better options ? they do need to hang on to there 1st pick this year and i believe its a deep draft .. :)

who would you have them going after..just wondering.. if they hold off tell summer and free agents i feel they would may have a better crack at some good better options ? they do need to hang on to there 1st pick this year and i believe its a deep draft .. :)
With the 2019 draft in Vancouver this year I think JB will want to stick to his guns and not trade the higher end draft picks. He has been very consistent with this message. Again JB wouldn't be doing his job if he did't at least listen to offers that improved the team. Like yourself the off season makes mores sense to me when the emotions are removed and he gets a feel where the free agent $$$$ and term will be. He might unload on Monday a few of his excess forwards for draft picks to help load up for the draft. Too bad with all his injuries and it maybe a difficult task.

I would be looking to see what they could get for Granlund and Edler. Maybe someone like Ferland or Doug Hamilton. Both would add some grit to this team....they need grit, and people who can score.

either choice would be great...I'm sure u wont be able to trade Edler he not back yet and Im sure he will not wave that no trade clause .. not sure of the contract status of Granlund but i wouldn't support move involving are 1st or 2nd pick this year.. It looking to be a fairly good draft this year from what Im hearing :)

either choice would be great...I'm sure u wont be able to trade Edler he not back yet and Im sure he will not wave that no trade clause .. not sure of the contract status of Granlund but i wouldn't support move involving are 1st or 2nd pick this year.. It looking to be a fairly good draft this year from what Im hearing :)
Granlund is a restricted free agent at the end of the season. I'm not talking about trading away draft picks, but the Canucks could change up some of their current roster. As far as Edler goes, it would depend on whether he has a desire to move to a team with a chance. He's running out of years to play. Moving those two players opens up 6.4 million in cap. Add that to the 8.5 million in cap space and it puts the Canucks in good shape into the summer UFA lottery. They could use veterans.

Interesting trades JB made this afternoon as I guess I will give him the benefit of the doubt and trust his hockey sense.
Gudbrason to Pitts for Tanner Pearson LW probably helps on the left side but I will miss Gudbrasons size on the back end. Maybe Baertschi is done which is unfortunate and possibly Guddy is replaced by Hughes even though they play opposite sides.Pearson has always been a + player, Guddy -25 and inconsistent. Good trade for Pitts I think.
The Dahlen trade for Linus Karlsson of San Jose surprised me but JB must know something we don't and probably trust Gradins instincts.Dahlen was coming on in Utica so who knows. Was EP40's buddy.
Toronto gets Petan out of Winnipeg as I see this as a depth move for the Leafs. Good trade in my opinion for the Leafs but Guddy in Toronto is exactly what the Leafs needed for the playoffs.

Last edited:
Interesting trades JB made this afternoon as I guess I will give him the benefit of the doubt and trust his hockey sense.
Gudbrason to Pitts for Tanner Pearson LW probably helps on the left side but I will miss Gudbrasons size on the back end. Maybe Baertschi is done which is unfortunate and possibly Guddy is replaced by Hughes even though they play opposite sides.Pearson has always been a + player, Guddy -25 and inconsistent. Good trade for Pitts I think.
The Dahlen trade for Linus Karlsson of San Jose surprised me but JB must know something we don't and probably trust Gradins instincts.Dahlen was coming on in Utica so who knows. Was EP40's buddy.
Toronto gets Petan out of Winnipeg as I see this as a depth move for the Leafs. Good trade in my opinion for the Leafs but Guddy in Toronto is exactly what the Leafs needed for the playoffs.
Well Dahlen was the guy that asked for the trade so maybe not good buddies with EP40? Who knows what happened there.

Guddy trade is a win for us, not Pitts. We are lucky that Pitts lost 2 D-men recently. I would have taken a bag of pucks for Guddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back