2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might head out for a fish tomorrow. Anyone on any lately? Haven't heard much.

dang. just need to address a blown out top
which is in the shop right now then it will be off to the races. good luck

Hey, RC . Where did you get your crabs... I don't me give me your spots, I'd expect a reply like 'duck lake'.... But more so - what do you look for when your setting your traps?

Cheers.
Just depths that I like and I avoid mounds. With the detail way up and zoomed way in I make sure I'm dropping on a big flat spot. Otherwise no real secrets. Same areas as everyone else.

Nope

Well yes lots of areas are but not where I was.

Fished Grace for a couple hours. Nada. Still working out the kinks. I also tied up my new paracord leader on my riggers, feels nice.

Fished Grace for a couple hours. Nada. Still working out the kinks. I also tied up my new paracord leader on my riggers, feels nice.
I love my paracord. Probably your best investment in the rigger department this year.

Seriously though. Anyone catching any fish with any kind of regularity? I seem to be two steps behind (or ahead) every time I go out. I can't get out as long these days but I'm seriously on like a 8 trip skunk. Haven't caught anything close to a keeper. Last fish was the tail end of Sockeye season.

Seriously though. Anyone catching any fish with any kind of regularity? I seem to be two steps behind (or ahead) every time I go out. I can't get out as long these days but I'm seriously on like a 8 trip skunk. Haven't caught anything close to a keeper. Last fish was the tail end of Sockeye season.
Ouch! Been there buddy! Time. You just need to get it (skunky Brewster)out of your system and you’ll be golden. You know how to fish... you’ll get em’ heck, even I can!

Ouch! Been there buddy! Time. You just need to get it (skunky Brewster)out of your system and you’ll be golden. You know how to fish... you’ll get em’ heck, even I can!
If only there were a fishing forum or something where guys would report whe they caught fish lol. Don't know if you've ever fished this side but the spread on the possible areas they'll be on any given day is massive. You've kinda gotta pick a spot and commit. The guides will spread the fleet out in the morning then make the call when someone's on them. I'm not in that call list unfortunately. :(

I've been trying to find the time to push off but no luck. Now I see -10 coming up? I didn't winterize either so I'm off to the marina tomorrow to run her up with rv antifreezeon the tawny water side Stupid winter vortex, lol. Watch your blocks and legs, boys

I've been trying to find the time to push off but no luck. Now I see -10 coming up? I didn't winterize either so I'm off to the marina tomorrow to run her up with rv antifreezeon the tawny water side Stupid winter vortex, lol. Watch your blocks and legs, boys
Good call. Also around the house... irrigation systems and hoses!

Good call. Also around the house... irrigation systems and hoses!

For sure. House has those fancy new never freeze hose bibs but I am not gonna find out the hard way Cabin on the Coast is an entirely different story so off I head to drain the systems on Friday afternoon. Pleasurecraft is going to make it easy and they have time to run the boat up, big shout out to them for always being responsive due to my blatant lack of planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back