Pink Salmon now responsible for Orcas downfall

sir-vivor

Cant believe this, just about fell out of my chair.

BC1 Just reported that "Another main contributor to the Orcas downfall is Pink Salmon, which are reducing the amount of food for the Chinook, causing reduction in Chinook, which is the Orca main food source bla bla bla"

Did anyone else here such a crock of **** ! Maybe next they'll want to cull the Pink runs.

Geeeeeeees

Actually Dr. Andrew Trites, the SRKW guru, considers this a possibility. Lot's more to study, obviously.

I have not seen the data but I wonder if the declines started when Alaskan, Russian, Korean and Japanese pink salmon ranching started up.

Without commenting directly on the over abundance 'issue' affecting SRKW I have seen NRKW feeding on schools of Pinks up at Whale Channel and quite the smart bunch of fish herders they were too.

Without commenting directly on the over abundance 'issue' affecting SRKW I have seen NRKW feeding on schools of Pinks up at Whale Channel and quite the smart bunch of fish herders they were too.

The SRKW don't have halve the skills NRKW have

Cant believe this, just about fell out of my chair.

BC1 Just reported that "Another main contributor to the Orcas downfall is Pink Salmon, which are reducing the amount of food for the Chinook, causing reduction in Chinook, which is the Orca main food source bla bla bla"

Did anyone else here such a crock of **** ! Maybe next they'll want to cull the Pink runs.

Geeeeeeees

I posted it up its actually scientfic data. There is already this topic on the conservation thread. It came out a few weeks ago.

Oh , I just seen on TV, I'm dont watch much TV . But its ridiculous, we dont need to help Mother Nature in my opinion she's done just fine without us

I tied up to a blacked boat in Kodiak who had to change from longlining to traps for blackcod since the killer whales had learned to strip his gear of fish-they would jog near his flagpole waiting for him to haul. Another fisherman had to leave the Cape St James area fishing halibut since killer whales had learned to pick his longline gear as he hauled. These orcas are smart and they are not called killer whales by accident but the SRKW mainly eat spring salmon?? with pink salmon in the millions every odd year,herring in the thousands of tons Oct-March,chum,coho and sockeye salmon. K pod (18) and L pod (35) of the SRKW mostly go S in the winter and one of those pods is in decline. I wonder who checks their feces to determine their diet during the swim to Calif-eating king salmon all the way S? 100,000 seals,100,000 sealions in Georgia Str -have yet to see a skinny one. These SRKW are starving to death with all these tasty fish and pinnipeds around? This is a made in BC/Wash problem? I'm looking forward to Dr. Andrew Trites talk on Feb 5.
[

Back