Through hull fittings

John s

Crew Member
Iam want to change the through hull fittings on my 26 striper There the plastic ones on it now. Like to install new stainless ones. I found some on western marine site, is other places I guy might look ? Thanks

Last edited:
Iam want to change the through hull fittings on my 26 striper There the plastic ones on it now. Like to install new stainless ones. I found some on western marine site, is other places I guy might look ? Thanks

www.defender.com is a good place to do some searching and see what's available. It's a USA site so I don't always order from them but it's a good site with a good search engine and a variety of product lines.

I have ordered fittings and other plumbing hardware from www.marineoutfitters.ca. They are in Ontario but prices were good and shipping was free over a certain price. I have also bought a lot of boating accessories on Amazon. Not a great selection for boating stuff in Northern Alberta so I usually buy on line so I have it when I hit the coast to save time. Lots of great local shops on the island if you like to look around.

Iam in Langley. We have a couple of shops around here, but not a good supply . That I have found.

Watch out for galvanic corrosion with stainless if the through hulls are below the waterline..

Use brass or bronze thru hull fittings , most marine shops have them yes a bit more money but you will never have to replace again make sure you use sika and NOT hardware silicone as ive seen in past...

I just orderd through gemlux direct. They are very nice SS thru hulls and surprisingly good pricing.

As wolf said bronze is best and is used by better builders.

As wolf said bronze is best and is used by better builders.
All the larger boats use bronze thru hulls. Do not mix brass with bronze fittings. That is just a disaster waiting to happen. You also need to pay close attention to the threads to make sure the fittings are compatible. Stainless is not recommended on boats that will be kept in the water all the time.

I’m replacing the self bailing deck scuppers and the fish locker through hull fittings. All four are in the water when sitting at the dock. Their plastic now. I haven’t seen any bronze scuppers yet , I’ve checked out most of the sites the other forum members have mentioned. I’ve have a couple other sites to check. Thanks for the information.

Perko makes Bronze scuppers and thru hull fittings. You should be able to find Perko on line for part numbers

hey John

i did all mine when i bought my 2301 striper , i used polished Stainless ones , bought mine through Western Marine ,
they still look brand new , as Wolfie said , use Sikka ,

NOTE **** when sliding on hoses onto new fittings . make sure you use new quality stainless clamps , check the shittyplastic floor drain fittings there connected
to as well , hard to get to those clamps !! total ***** actually , if not done correctly , you can have some SERIOUS problems ,
underwater stuff scares me , mine leeked badly when i bought the boat !! gonna do my self bailing fittings on the deck next , also cheap plastic , if ya figure out how to do the midship
fishwell drains , let me know lol , brutal , only way to do mine , cut 6 in access panel in the fish box im guessing ??

ebay also a good place to shop for them !!

fd

My boat had a transducer mounted from the factory. I think the brand is spelt Iramar. Anyways it shoots thru the fiberglass hull rather than a fitting protruding thru the hull. There are no holes in the hull which I prefer. It can still pick up the bottom and bait balls at 45mph. At 55 mostly just the bottom is marking but at that speed I don't look at the sounder much. Might be worth looking up the brand and their options.

My boat had a transducer mounted from the factory. I think the brand is spelt Iramar. Anyways it shoots thru the fiberglass hull rather than a fitting protruding thru the hull. There are no holes in the hull which I prefer. It can still pick up the bottom and bait balls at 45mph. At 55 mostly just the bottom is marking but at that speed I don't look at the sounder much. Might be worth looking up the brand and their options.

I believe the transducer brand you're referring to is Airmar. http://www.airmar.com/

Back