Edith lake quick stop ice fishing.

FishDoc

Well we said goodbye to Alberta last night and on the way home stopped outside Kamloops at Edith lake. There is probably a good 7 to 8 inches of ice, minimal snow and a bunch of people out. Probably got out on the ice around 230. Bright and sunny air temp around 0 degrees C, no wind. So the kids came out including Eavenly for her first time ice fishing. Plopped in two jaw jackers on jigging bases for the girls and drilled a pile more holes. The other fishermen were scattered around the edges and didnt seem to be catching much but I found the fish in 16 to 20 feet of water. First fish was on Sierra's jaw jacker. She was sitting beside it when it popped up so I figured she tripped it. As I was walking over to reset it she was reeling up the rod and I noticed it was bent over with a fish on the other end. She reeled in this nice little brook trout on the Atomic Waxworm from @backcountrytackle. You can see it hanging there. After the sun went over the hill the kids walked back to the truck with mom and I stayed out. That's when the fish got active and I pulled in 6 or 7 rainbows while everyone else was leaving the lake. Not bad for a quick stop.20190113_155252.jpg 20190113_165046.jpg 20190113_161951.jpg

Last edited:
Cool to see the different strains of rainbows stocked in Edith - of the two rainbows you kept, looks like you got both a pennask (less spotting) and a Fraser valley.

Cheers!

Ukee

nice job thanks for the write up.
I have jawjackers too and they work quite well, especially for the kids, those bases look pretty cool too, I might need to pick one or two up

nice job thanks for the write up.
I have jawjackers too and they work quite well, especially for the kids, those bases look pretty cool too, I might need to pick one or two up
For sure try one out and see what you think. I do really well with just the plain jaw jackers as well. There are some days that they like a bit of movement to trigger them though.

Back