fuel tanks flush and pressure test

greenhornet

Hello

Due to the fact that I have two brand new outboards I want to take out my main and aux fuel tank to get them cleaned out, new float units and get them pressure tested.They are made of aluminum.

My question is does anyone know where I can take them to get this work done ?? I originally took them to a place in Richmond when i got the boat in 2009,but searching I think this place has closed their doors.Any help would be appreciated.

Tight lines
Billydoo

We've used Surrey Radiator for similar jobs for my workplace

Surrey Radiator
Unit 2 6468 King George Blvd
Surrey, BC
V3W 4Z3
604-590-1818 phone

I am in the same boat on the Island and have struck out thus far. It seems almost cheaper to have a new tank fab'd which seems crazy to me.

To address both @greenhornet and @ratherbefishing , I had welding shop in Whiskey Creek (E and D) do all of this work for me. I had a couple of pinholes develop in an aluminum tank, I pulled it and brought it to them.

They drained it, replaced fittings, repaired seams and pressure tested to finish. All very reasonable and extremely well done. I would assume any reputable shop would perform this at much less than the cost of a new tank, either on the mailand or on the island.

That was probably RYM propeller on Minoru Blvd in Richmond. They closed up shop a few years ago now. Shame to lose them. They did good work.
Anyways, I've used Broadway Welding on Venables in Vancouver for aluminum welding. They could do this type of work for you. They do good work.
Give them a call.

That was probably RYM propeller on Minoru Blvd in Richmond. They closed up shop a few years ago now. Shame to lose them. They did good work.
Anyways, I've used Broadway Welding on Venables in Vancouver for aluminum welding. They could do this type of work for you. They do good work.
Give them a call.
x2 on Broadway Welding. The lady lays a mean bead.

To address both @greenhornet and @ratherbefishing , I had welding shop in Whiskey Creek (E and D) do all of this work for me. I had a couple of pinholes develop in an aluminum tank, I pulled it and brought it to them.

They drained it, replaced fittings, repaired seams and pressure tested to finish. All very reasonable and extremely well done. I would assume any reputable shop would perform this at much less than the cost of a new tank, either on the mailand or on the island.

I had similar work done by this shop a number of years ago. My comments would be the same

Ratherbefishing

I talked to a good friend who lives in smoke he used driver welding their and recomeeneds them.Im not sure where you live but its an option

Billydoo

Thanks. I spoke with E&D and if it is gas they pretty much won't touch it unless it has been steam cleaned. I've got a few calls in and awaiting responses. Right not it sounds like it might be cheaper to have a new aluminum tank fab'd than to have the original cleaned and fixed up.

FYI - I am in Nanaimo.

Hi Ratherbefishing

Ive have found now that radiator business do this type of work if your sending units are good they will clean the tank and use your old sending unit and if need be and pressure test it call some radiator shops in your area might save you a lot of dough.

Tight Lines
Billydoo

i had a landcruiser gas tank (1976, under the seat) and had it cleaned and lined with epoxy by a rad shop for 100.00

Back