Crew Member Questions and Suggestions

Admin

Admin
Staff member
Our premium Crew Membership program is designed for one main purpose...to provide those who opt to join with a wide range of benefits. We have kicked it off with a cooperative effort to create an online store with Pacific Net and Twine that is exclusive to, and offers savings to, our Crew Members . When you join, you will also see a special Crew Member forum where new and interesting offers and content will be available.
This is just the beginning and, as we work to expand and create valuable additions to the program, we welcome you to add your suggestions on products or services we can potentially add to benefit all that participate. Post it here or send us a PM, but it if it is something that will enhance the program, we want to hear about it!

Charge a lot more and put more money towards enhancement.

Last edited:
How many have signed up?! Thanks for the spoon. It looks good! Strong glow.
I’m hoping you gave me a hot one, knowing how badly I need to catch fish.

How many have signed up?! Thanks for the spoon. It looks good! Strong glow.
I’m hoping you gave me a hot one, knowing how badly I need to catch fish.

Glad to hear your spoon arrived...can't wait to see the pic of the Salmon you catch with the hook hanging out of it's yap!

The crew member store is good in theory... the shipping cost makes many of the items more than regular price. I want to get hooks and teaserheads for $26.00 and shipping is $15.00.

It's the small triangular flag that boaters fly from antennas or stays to indicate any number of affiliations. Yes, we thought about that some time ago but it was cost-restrictive. If we can ramp up membership over the coming year it may be something we can consider to provide with renewals. We'll definitely keep it in mind.

Cheers, Peter.

Because I already donate to several organizations when it comes to fish and wildlife I'm never quick to donate to too many others these days. If the organization is transparent about where funds are going with easily accessed information then a greater comfort level is given when donating. Not so much a trust issue but more of a comfort level with being connected to where the funds are going for enhancement. Some of the organizations I've donated with over the years ask for volunteers to help with projects etc which helps even more with the feeling of being part of a movement/venture etc. So saying that; personally I would only donate if there was a monthly or quarterly or newsletter showing exact $ #'s of what money is coming in and where exactly it's going. Nothing personal against the forum staff. I love this forum and enjoy sharing to it and learning from it. It just comes down (for me) that I already put a lot of money out for enhancement so it would have to be very well explained and transparent program for me to donate to. Hope I haven't insulted anyone on the staff. Just want to point out where my thoughts are at with it.

Is there a direct % discount given to the crew members so they can walk into one of the stores with a member ID # or just their name to receive the discounts over the counter when purchasing items or is this just for an online purchase that will be shipped to the member? Myself I'm not far from PNT and go there a couple times a years to stock up on needed items so over the counter would benefit me but if I had to get it shipped then the discount would be cancelled out by the shipping costs like Stizzla pointed out above.

I think the Burgee is a good idea. If all the members liked the idea then it wouldn't be too hard to put something together for that and just sell those to the members at cost rather than giving them away. Or for an incentive tack on a few bucks to each one and donate that extra $ directly to an enhancement fund with a donation receipt showing how members are directly helping by donating to specific enhancement entities.

Personally I'm happy with my crew member fees going to this site and time it takes to monitor the back end technical side and the front end forum conversation side. AS well as the free avertisment it has dedicated to posting all the SFAC meetings and issues.

Personally I'm happy with my crew member fees going to this site and time it takes to monitor the back end technical side and the front end forum conversation side. AS well as the free avertisment it has dedicated to posting all the SFAC meetings and issues.
Yes I agree. If it was a lower $ amount and stated it was just for that purpose I would pay for that for sure as I do with several other forums that charge small fees from the members for that purpose. The forums do take a lot of work for sure.

Thanks for your feedback guys. The purpose of the Crew Membership is to provide benefits to those members who decide to join the program. To that end, we decided to launch in mid December, on a small scale and test the waters if you will. Based on the response so far we are encouraged to continue to build the program and provide benefits to the Crew Members on a number of fronts. We are currently in discussions with insurance brokers to see what type of incentives they can offer. We are reaching out to providers of marine supplies and mechanical services, BYOB programs for short or long term stays at fishing destinations, lodges and guides, etc. Along with that, we are in discussions to provide a broader array of products to the fishing gear component of the program as well. Regarding PNT, you are able to pick up product at there locations in Richmond, Parksville or Prince Rupert.

As with any of these programs, our intention is build the benefits plan as quickly as possible and we welcome any suggestions for additional products and services that you can think of, or specific providers you have dealt with, who you think would be a good fit for our membership. If you would rather Private Message for this purpose that would be fine as well.

Brian

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback guys. The purpose of the Crew Membership is to provide benefits to those members who decide to join the program. To that end, we decided to launch in mid December, on a small scale and test the waters if you will. Based on the response so far we are encouraged to continue to build the program and provide benefits to the Crew Members on a number of fronts. We are currently in discussions with insurance brokers to see what type of incentives they can offer. We are reaching out to providers of marine supplies and mechanical services, BYOB programs for short or long term stays at fishing destinations, lodges and guides, etc. Along with that, we are in discussions to provide a broader array of products to the fishing gear component of the program as well.

As with any of these programs, our intention is build the benefits plan as quickly as possible and we welcome any suggestions for additional products and services that you can think of, or specific providers you have dealt with, who you think would be a good fit for our membership. If you would rather Private Message for this purpose that would be fine as well.

Brian

I like the sounds of this one,, that would be sweet.

I'm with you on this, to be honest I never even looked at the store until after I joined up. I enjoy this site immensely. I'm not a Facebook guy, thats for women and kids, I don't even have an account. I'm a member of a couple forums, an AB based outdoors forum and this one and a few others I rarely visit but this site is by far my favourite. I bought in just to give back some is all. Where the money goes is completely up to the site owners, they could keep it all makes no difference to me.

Shoot for someone like me that drives across 2 provinces just to get to the fishing grounds if a site like this helps me nail down peak times, top lures, hot areas you know how much money that can save me alone lol,, the $50 is a lunch on the water for a day.

Another idea might be a donation link (similar to Wikipedia, etc) where a person can make a one-time (or annual) donation of say $10 (or more) via Paypal...

Back