Tranny repair shop sought

Tightlines22

Needed my F-150 truck to tow the other day and went to backup. No reverse. Heard a small clang and nada. Looked online and seems to be a common problem with reverse gear/band/ clutch going. Ticked off as only 130,000 kms on truck.

Anyways it’s stuck in my driveway in North Delta. Can anyone recommend a shop they trust. It drives forward if I can get it out of my driveway somehow. Even in neutral it wants to stay put.

Last edited:
Hoo boy, was a bit afraid of opening this thread!
Sorry, can't help with your Ford transmission.

Really happy that you are not looking for help with your man or woman bits.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Haha. Just the F-150 for now. All personal bits are still working fine!

Blackwell industries in delta did my neighbors 48re in his dodge and for a smoking deal. He has nothing but good things to say about them. Stay away from Ben's. They did mine and 20,000 later my torque converter locked up solid. Read on Google reviews exact same thing happened to another guy with same truck as me. (Dodge 3500)

Trannys need acceptance not fixing.
I was hoping this would go there. I was going to say I'm not sure you ever could reverse that deal.

there's a place in tilbury...I ll see if I can
dig up the name but x2 on the reman
best deal all around and usually better then factory..

MC Auto and transmission

Blackwell industries in delta did my neighbors 48re in his dodge and for a smoking deal. He has nothing but good things to say about them. Stay away from Ben's. They did mine and 20,000 later my torque converter locked up solid. Read on Google reviews exact same thing happened to another guy with same truck as me. (Dodge 3500)
Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions.

I have also used these guys in the past and recommend them also. They also had the best pricing when I called quite a few shops for a quote.

No help otherwise to agree to go for a reman unit vs having repairs done.

Curious what year F150 and what engine/transmission? I'm running a 2013 F150 with the 3.5 turbo and 6spd auto. I swear it feels more clunky now going in to 4th gear sometimes. 155,000kms and counting

My brother is an auto transmission tech...and a good one..but he is at a shop called Thunder Alley in Penticton.

No help otherwise to agree to go for a reman unit vs having repairs done.

Curious what year F150 and what engine/transmission? I'm running a 2013 F150 with the 3.5 turbo and 6spd auto. I swear it feels more clunky now going in to 4th gear sometimes. 155,000kms and counting
Mine is a 2007 4wd XL. Ran perfectly and reverse stopped without warning.

At that year, I would look at finding a used transmission or reman unit. Less hassle than rebuilding.

Earlier this year I had to rebuild my transmission (2012 Ram 3500 Cummins 68RFE) and Mister Transmission in Maple Ridge was the best deal. Rebuilt, Upgraded torque converter and cooler, and changed all other fluids in the truck for cheaper than Benz price. They were about a grand cheaper than any other price and they gave a courtesy car. I got prices from many different shops before deciding on Mister Transmission.

Gone are the days of the $2,500 CASH deal at Benz in Maple Ridge for a cummins transmission rebuild. They have new ownership in the last couple years and price was closer to $6,000 now.

its a Ford.... THREAD OVER lol jk but still its a ford..

FordMemes-5617180595.jpg.pagespeed.ce.GykKoskn9k.jpg

i own a fleet and they have taken care of all our needs over 25 years... any problem and they backed it up.. and yes, transmission is a different part than a torque convertor.

Back