Dont worry-- Be Happy!

From the transcript...

"I grew up as a recreational fishing guide and I understand and appreciate the importance of the sport fishing sector both socially and economically. The sport fishery is an integral part of British Columbia's fishing community with both an extremely high rate of public participation and significant contributions that it makes to the Canadian economy. Over 8,000 jobs and a hundred and forty four million in contribution to the GDP sport fishing represents a critical economic driver for the province across Canada sport fishing contributes over eight billion dollars to the economy".

No way! He’ll fix all our issues by next November.

Oh wait.... is there a federal election coming up next fall?? :rolleyes:

Anytime you email/communicate the minister, I believe a link (or at least reference) to this video must be included. Holding accountable.

Another Liberal Sunny Ways. Feeling like a handshake and stab in the back. Please let me be wrong.

HM

I’m not totally sure what to think. Still great that a west coaster that has a history of fishing is in there.

Whats everyone mad about?
The guy’s giving lip service only, like all his prefecessors. DFO has no credibility in my eyes. Even if the “honourable” minister is a sport fisherman from the Wet Coast. IMHO, they’re more worried about their job security than the resource. All this PR act is driven by the election agenda. He needs votes to get back to Ottawa for another round of wasting our tax $$ and restricting our opportunities.

3 things that are still continuing under his watch:
1- sport fishing closures with no scientific backing
2- in-river gill netting
3- fish farms

Wait and see if any of these 3 is going to change before the next election.

Last edited:
so did he go to kenya to check out there sports fishing ? idunno, why couldnt he atend meeting ????

Back