Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

GLG

Wonder what it's batty life is with 5k pounds in tow. need about 3h worth to get to the launch and back

Battery life towing - I’d be curious about that as well! Still, crazy specs and could be one impressive vehicle!

Cheers!

Ukee

Honestly, with that amount of torque i doubt that towing would decrease the mileage very much. Torque is really the bread and butter when it comes to towing and this truck seems to have a serious excess on board. This truck will certainly put the big 3 and Tesla on deck to see what they can come up with. Exciting times coming in the next 10 years with all this new technology. Soon the Cummins will be on the scrap yard o_O. Cool truck.

Wonder what it's batty life is with 5k pounds in tow. need about 3h worth to get to the launch and back

I take about a 40% hit on fuel economy (range) with my boat behind the truck. Can't imagine the electric truck would be much different. Hopefully they come out with a version that isn't a 150k rocket ship...not many are going to be able to afford that....

I do love my electric car I have right now...its the future and the future can't come fast enough.

I'm one of the first on the list for pre orders :D:D:D Almost pulled the trigger on the Tesla car when it came out but have been waiting for a truck that checked all my boxes to come out. When this one was announced I had to pull the trigger!!

Glad that’s not in my backyard.

That thing isn't it, as long as it's not in my backyard it's ok, who cares if a few hundred children are whipped to death to get the resources out of the ground as long as people can feel good about it they are happy, ignorance is bliss. As long as some worker in Alberta isn't getting paid a healthy 6 figure income to get it out of the ground in the most environmently strict jurisdiction in the world who cares where it comes from. It's not happening on the Island so who cares.

Volkswagen Group's math on the end of fossil cars:
2050: no fossil cars on the roads anymore
2040: last fossil car sold
2032: last new fossil car model enters market
2025: last new fossil car model development starts.

Volkswagen announces the end of the internal combustion engine
https://www.handelsblatt.com/untern...ml?ticket=ST-2447535-uijumQnSKaERDnPd0am3-ap1

Good to know your OK with all that, what's a few hundred dead kids a year hey,, you'll be helping the inviroment, there's a price for feeling good about ones self.

Good to know your OK with all that, what's a few hundred dead kids a year hey,, you'll be helping the inviroment, there's a price for feeling good about ones self.
So what you're saying is that the Volkswagen Group is going to use black market cobalt in there batteries because that's what your misguided mind thinks..... gotit. Ever heard of cheating and what happens to a company that tries to pull a fast one. I think VW could tell you a story but your might have to go to the clink to hear it. (remember dieselgate)

At any rate this is what I think of your argument.
It's the dead cat strategy.
Throw one on the table and people start talking about the dead cat instead of the real issues.

It's got nothing to do with my mind, I posted reports from news outlets that's all. Just want people to know where the product they are so keen on could very well be coming from and at what cost.

You never answered my question, are you ok with children being killed in order for you to obtain your goals. If not you have to question every battery in every car you could possibly be driving, are you ready to take the chance that a child more than likely suffered in order for you to feel good about yourself, is it worth it.

It's got nothing to do with my mind, I posted reports from news outlets that's all. Just want people to know where the product they are so keen on could very well be coming from and at what cost.

You never answered my question, are you ok with children being killed in order for you to obtain your goals. If not you have to question every battery in every car you could possibly be driving, are you ready to take the chance that a child more than likely suffered in order for you to feel good about yourself, is it worth it.

You have no idea what your talking about. Frankly your arguments are at best shallow at worst intentional misleading. Every major car battery supplier is keenly aware of the issues around these materials that go into the manufacture of their products. There are ISO 9000, 14000 and 26000 that cover all these issues and if you had any sense you would know that. So if your question is do I think cheap knock off batteries in cheap knock off phones and cheap knock off laptop replacement batteries are a problem then yea I agree that's why I only buy the name brand from reputable suppliers. But that's not your point is it. You just throw out the dead cat so you don't have to look at the future because that's not what you want. Get over it the future is coming, join us or get out of the way and STFU. It's just that simple.

Last edited:
Back