SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was obvious to me that Q had lost the room. But in my opinion they should fhave cleared out Bowman at the same time. Some of his moves were atrocious. He tore any hope of the Hawks competing for awhile in this new young NHL. I sincerely want to thank Joel for a great decade for Chicago. And wish him all the best in any new endeavor. (Seattle would be good);) eman

Bad PK, worse PP, multi pass zone exits that just don't work anymore. Joel was done.

Bowman and daddy served him up a roster that would have tried the patience of a saint. Brandon Manning for $4.5 mil? The man is a pylon. I could go on and on....
It's their show now with their man Barry Smith back as an asst. They'll be toast if it doesn't work in a year and a half.

I wonder if Joel just wanted out. Either way thanks for the memories. Three Cups , quite fine.

“Canucks lead the league in goals scored”

Yup, that’s something I never imagined reading this year

I thought the Canucks were on their way to the basement when they lost a few games and fell to 6-6. A big surprise they are overcoming a suspect defense to win by scoring lots of goals.
Canucks games are fun to watch. Maybe it will be an 10-9 OT game when they play the leafs who also don't defend very well.

Interesting and fun game last night... :)
Enjoyed the game as well but with the score 7-4 in the 3rd I was still worried that the hated Bruins were still not out of it. Cautious I guess as Boston unfortunately looks like a real solid team even with the Rat. Loved that the Canucks with the score 8-5 putting out their #1 power play and Archy doing a number on Krug. Only against Boston though. I guess I am slow getting over the 2011 disaster.

Leafs vs Canucks final

Oilers are goin for another high draft pick

FD
Not sure my heart could take a Leafs-Canucks final. If the Leafs take it the Eastern media would be unbearable.
As for the Oilers pile on the abuse as I love that the city of champions is in disarray. Coaching must be one of the issue as with McJesus there is no way they shouldn't be loosing 3 straight.

Not sure my heart could take a Leafs-Canucks final. If the Leafs take it the Eastern media would be unbearable.
As for the Oilers pile on the abuse as I love that the city of champions is in disarray. Coaching must be one of the issue as with McJesus there is no way they shouldn't be loosing 3 straight.

The Eastern Media is already unbearable.

“Canucks lead the league in goals scored”

Yup, that’s something I never imagined reading this year
You on the 420 now, second in the league for goals against, and the slide starts fast and furious

Last edited by a moderator:
Fasten your seat belts boys and girls as we as Canuck fans are in for a rocky ride. The wrong players with injuries, the brutal schedule with 14 of their first 21 games on the road and the players just being plain tired is really starting to show the teams shortcomings. Players left are playing outside their comfort zone as there has been no time to practise and their weaknesses because of the above are becoming more and more evident. Three of the starting 5 on the PP injured doesn't' help.Failing PK is in my opinion on the goalies and the second tier of defencemen. As well Markstrom has again proven he is only effective when he has had ample rest.
Tomorrow's 4: 00 pm game against Montreal might as well be a road game. Not expecting much but give me a break, this road schedule would never ever happen in Toronto. Guess what, the Leafs have finally just left their time zone and only 1 injury is a telling story as they get tucked in their own beds most nights awaiting their Saturday night TV ritual.LOL

Bump, well we have to bump this thread back to the top, funny when the Nucks start looking like the Nucks we have all come to love the keyboards for all the faithful fans seem to freeze up, oh well. Hey can anyone tell me how my Leafs are doing with 2 of their top forwards being out of the line up for an extended period.

Bump, well we have to bump this thread back to the top, funny when the Nucks start looking like the Nucks we have all come to love the keyboards for all the faithful fans seem to freeze up, oh well. Hey can anyone tell me how my Leafs are doing with 2 of their top forwards being out of the line up for an extended period.
They are well on their way to making me $100.00.
14-6-0

Last edited:
Was kind of a ok game last night for both teams in my opinion but the Habs did a good job keeping the Canuck forwards to the outside limiting their offensive chances. The MDZ 's total brain fart was the key play along with the Habs lucky second goal. Bo was a beast and the team still has spirit so I guess I was beginning to expect too much.
Not a chance when your #1 RW, #2 LW, #3 C, #4 C and #1 Dman are out of the line up for an extended period of time.
Hats off to Sportsnet though as I felt the commentators finally did a good job mentioning the travel schedule and the injury situation and focusing on the few Canuck positives. Made my evening when Friedman mentioned " here at the centre of the universe". LOL.
Carry on with the rebuild and I have to say the Calgary/ Edmonton game was an old school barn burner. Very entertaining.

Last edited:
They are well on their way to making me $100.00.
14-6-0
Don’t spend that money yet.

They have to get their stars salaries under the cap and some how find some NHL defensemen. Nylander is sure having a great season, hey?

Haha I knew that would get under your skin. I’m the brad Marchand of these forums
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back