SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Braving the LML for tonight's Canuck vs. Hawks tilt. God willing it should be entertaining, as they are both at the back end of the bus.

I'll swipe Eman's preferred score, Hawks win 4-2.

It was entertaining. Zero guff about my Pilote sweater, probably because I look older than dirt.

Better team won tonight.

Unfortunately what I though I watched was a sloppy period and a half of not winning many puck battles in the "O" zone, couldn't make a pass stick to stick and relied heavily on Marky. Can't expect too much with 6 regulars out of the line up and Stetcher going down in the 3rd. The coaching adjusted, took away Chicago's long outlet pass half way through the 2nd , the defence pinched at the blue line, BB was moved to the Horvat line and LE was demoted. Result was more offensive zone time and the game was again fun to watch.
Lots of empty seats though as I guess Halloween and the lousy weather took its toll.

Fun to watch for sure with EP40 and BB6 giving us a glimpse of a bright future for Canuck fans. Somehow though our rising stars need to be better protected like Gretzky was in his playing days. Too many liberties by opposing players with no push back concerns me. Where is Gino when we need him?

Can’t believe these teams fire their coaches instead of having some foresight and upgrade the players before they get old and slow.

Quenville sure didn’t deserve this

he had a great run , and was time for change , was a LONG run for him , will be scooped up im sure in short order
coaches are always first in the cross hairs , unfortunate , but reality
the endless rules tinkering has turned this into a young mans game ,
careers will be short , hope the talent pools can keep up !!
hope the NHL doesnt turn into a high speed diluted skateathon , especially with even more teams coming into the league

m2b

fd

3 Stanley cups in 11 years, a resume that will not see him out of work for long. A $6m salary for another year helps the pain but the Chicago management like our Canucks held onto their aging players far too long and now the coach will take the fall. Welcome to the new NHL. Wrong firing in my opinion but Quenville along with AV will be the pick of the litter. With Seattle on it's way it would be prudent to pick up either one of these seasoned guys early. As for LA hiring the runt of the litter WD, the Kings will now have a good shot at Jack Hughes lottery. I got my fingers crossed the Canucks finally win the 2019 first overall so we can replace the Sedins with the Quinn brothers. Fat chance!

He deserved to have the parting done in the offseason imo.

Agree , but it never happens that way ,
Its a buisness , if I was a betting man I’m sure management had a good talk with him after the horrid season of 2018 , They would give him another season start , out of respect , but on a very short leash , the leash broke !! realistically he should’ve been let go this past summer and he knows it , he lost his team ! things just get stale !!
Time for a fresh start

Fd

Last edited:
It was obvious to me that Q had lost the room. But in my opinion they should have cleared out Bowman at the same time. Some of his moves were atrocious. He tore any hope of the Hawks competing for awhile in this new young NHL. I sincerely want to thank Joel for a great decade for Chicago. And wish him all the best in any new endeavor. (Seattle would be good);) eman

It was obvious to me that Q had lost the room. But in my opinion they should have cleared out Bowman at the same time. Some of his moves were atrocious. He tore any hope of the Hawks competing for awhile in this new young NHL. I sincerely want to thank Joel for a great decade for Chicago. And wish him all the best in any new endeavor. (Seattle would be good);) eman
Rumour has it Alain Vignault has the job locked up

The writing was on the wall for Chicago when they signed Toews, Kane , Keith etc to the big money contracts. the rest of the team has to play for scrap money. i’ll never understand this thought process by the gms. if you see a cap issue coming down the line, start trading your aging stars for prospects etc before they demand fat cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back