Best way to catch Rats

Noticed a foul order and flies everywhere as I had decided to give up on the traps, speed up the kill and move towards using poison.Big mistake but did find the source of the rat infestation. My hot tub. Must have pulled over a hundred dead,crusted critters imdedded in the foam insulation which they apparently love to chew on. What a mess and it unfortunately cost me $15k for a new tub which the dealer swears is rat proof.
Stayed tuned I guess on this one.
Also have a huge problem wiith raccoons and their insistence on snacking on my ongoing chauffeur beetle battle and the rotor tilling my front lawn. Apparantley racoons love to eat rats so now I have no idea what to do? Welcome to Burnaby.
I honestly dont know what likes to eat rats. I know people think cats love to catch rats. Our cats lived in the compressor room and they would watch as the rats stole their food. They might kill the odd one opportunistically, I have never seen evidence of them eating one. Birds, mice, voles, yes, but never a rat. I have also have heard that Raccoons will eat rats. I have a bunch of them that live in my hay barn and tons of rats, so I question that too.

Has anyone snared them before. I have some walking the fence rail and would like to see them dangling in the morning. I used to snare rabbits but not sure how big or small the noose would be for these bastards.

Has anyone snared them before. I have some walking the fence rail and would like to see them dangling in the morning. I used to snare rabbits but not sure how big or small the noose would be for these bastards.
I don't know why it wouldn't work, give er a go and let us know how you make out. this forum is supposed to be about sharing knowledge on how to kill rats.
I'm always looking for a better way, so if you have one please share it.

We used to snare squirrels on tree limbs when i as in Scouts as a kid. Use a piece of light gauge aluminum wire at their head level. Should get em as they run through.

Here’s my first catch of the season. A friend suggested putting unset baited traps out for a day or two so the rats feel comfortable.

Attachments

• 75B054DA-7309-4D6E-90C2-CE979022AB52.jpeg
    75B054DA-7309-4D6E-90C2-CE979022AB52.jpeg
    263.1 KB · Views: 127
Are you getting it mounted?

Maybe that's what he wants, because he keeps leaving them at the door...

Stepping outside in the morning and slipping on a pile of rat guts and booting the head across the deck is a great way to start your day!

Wow. I'm not much of a cat guy but when it comes to killing rodents I love them. My sister has a cat that is a great mouser but it brings them in the house to play with them. It looks like my flour/sugar/baking soda has worked. Haven't seen any in a few days.

Double kill yesterday morning after being out for 2 hours. One big, one small - cat must think there is a slot limit...

Not going to embed the picture as some may find it a big graphic!

Attachments

• IMG_3811.jpg
    IMG_3811.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 93
My Jack Russel dog dug one out from under the bottom of the compost heap, now have a start to my dead Rat pile!

After tripping the trap, this rat dragged the trap about 20 ft. across my patio before expiring.
Stosh

Attachments

• 34E72A39-C944-4EF7-B4C0-5929418D0242.jpeg
    34E72A39-C944-4EF7-B4C0-5929418D0242.jpeg
    346.3 KB · Views: 80
Back